• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Jan 22-24 "The NortheastPAWx Special" storm obs/banter

canderson

you know what you're doing. cool. I just hope you get your fame on TWC/AW24-7/WN/TWN for that certified total. at this point, just hit between a yardstick and a meter-stick. This storm just plain over-performed for you, and I'm sure you'll be the observation of record.

Wow....me.....famous??  LOL  I hadn't thought about that.  Thanks for your kind words.  I'm about to go out to take the 5:00 reading...stay tuned.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

none of the politicians at the capitol stuck around to use their hot air to melt it? yea, they'll probably not be open til tuesday. btw, where is that "commonwealth meteorologist" for PEMA in all of this?

He was on with the governor's presser at 2pm

Wind really cranking now. I had already ran the snow blower at 11, but ill wait til tomorrow now. fook there is a 5-6' wall of snow at end of my driveway.

It took almost 3 hours to go from 34" to 37". With my measurement hitting what has to be the highest amount here on the forum, I had to confirm that this was not due to drifting. I was able to completely submerge my second yard stick at every single location in the front and backyard including locations with concrete and without. Because I was staying at a friend's house, I did not have the convenience of measuring using a table like my dad. I will say though that being 5 miles south of him and his measurement around 34", I don't think it would be too crazy to think that we would have just a couple inches more.

I can say that it is getting a little crazy here. Every single place is closed, including the diner that was open earlier today. We have already had 2 people stop by asking for gas. Can agree with canderson, no plows since around 2 am this morning. Definitely about 2 feet in the road, even a foot going out to the main road.

post-5113-0-14145200-1453587363_thumb.jp

That thing sticking out is a 12" ruler I attached to the yard stick.

post-5113-0-34839200-1453587442_thumb.jp
This is the neighbor across the streets 3rd time snow blowing the driveway

No more words :)

Okay...here's my total storm update since I just cleared my board again:

Snowfall past one hour (until 5:00pm) = 1.1"

Snowfall past 6 hours = 8.5"

Snowfall since midnight = 25.5"

Total storm snowfall = 34.5"

Melted liquid past 6 hours = 0.56"

Period Melted liquid : snowfall ratio = 15.2 : 1

Total Storm Liquid (qpf) = 2.30"

Total Storm Ratio = 15.00 : 1

Only 1.5" left to go.  It's gonna be soooooo close, may not make it.

OFFICIAL!

Harrisburg's bigges snowfall EVER!!

28.6" official at KMDT

YAYYYYY!   Break out the champagne.

Take a look at NWS radar...incredible, it is collapsing and the final blob is remaining right over me.  It's like I've got some sort of atmospheric weather magnet locking it right over my head...lol.  Wonder if I should share my super secret with DT???

Archived