• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NWAflizzard
    Newest Member
    NWAflizzard
WxUSAF

Pre-storm Banter Thread

We should feel bad. I'm sure they care about our yards a ton. Probably rooting 24/7 for us to get snow. 

NY'ers in general are such caring people. 

Bags packed and on my way to LAX!!

Let's f*cking do this!!!!

Lol. Have a safe trip back. Wouldn't it be funny since you rooted for the Euro to skunk us, if your plane had mechanical issues and you got stuck in LA.

What's a strong crosshair signature? NWS LWX mentions this in their writeup this afternoon.

intersection of strong upward motion and dendritic growth zone.

Bags packed and on my way to LAX!!

Let's f*cking do this!!!!

You didn't hear? 

Euro went way south.  It's not happening.  :(

24" Westminster

1" IAD

2" DCA

60" RIC

Westminster-Philly-NYC gets deathbanded, but we're dryslotted.

You guys are cruel! That's why I love this place. LOL

24" Westminster

1" IAD

2" DCA 

60" RIC

Westminster-Philly-NYC gets deathbanded, but we're dryslotted.

Literally laughed out loud.

Storms like this bring out the 14 year old nerd side of me pretty nicely.

Since we are in banter--and I'm at happy hour at the Columbia Alehouse--has anyone completed their beer shopping? Aside from how much IMBY, this is the second most important question yet! And if yes...what's your blizzard go to beer?

Since we are in banter--and I'm at happy hour at the Columbia Alehouse--has anyone completed their beer shopping? Aside from how much IMBY, this is the second most important question yet! And if yes...what's your blizzard go to beer?

Always well-supplied with beer here.

Because DC is never the bullseye it almost seems like it is just too difficult to think that the gfs could be correct...but dang how many runs on a row has DC been one of the highest totals...i think it is real and the news guys can talk about mixing all they want...no model is showing it as far as I can tell. Party on Wayne

Because DC is never the bullseye it almost seems like it is just too difficult to think that the gfs could be correct...but dang how many runs on a row has DC been one of the highest totals...i think it is real and the news guys can talk about mixing all they want...no model is showing it as far as I can tell. Party on Wayne

I think Matt is just in a state of shock...or something.

KLkv8Q6.gif

Is this at all realistic?  The 2 foot contour is enormous

Not really realistic. look at total precipitation and then multiply that by 10. thats usually the safe bet for how much snow the run is showing.

Even Channel 11 in Baltimore which is very conservative normally is going 18-24" in Baltimore and 12-18" north and NE of town.

Hey now...I was just kidding about that.

:lol:

I know, and i was kidding back. In all seriousness have a safe trip home and enjoy this beast.

What's been completely fascinating about the QPF modeling of this storm is: While there is still is quite a bit of disagreement between the models on the northern edge, DCA has been unanimously 2"+ liquid equivalent for model suite after model suite. It doesn't matter whether the shield shifts northwest or southeast, is skinny (RGEM/GGEM today) or expansive-- DCA just keeps on hitting 2". 

Not really realistic. look at total precipitation and then multiply that by 10. thats usually the safe bet for how much snow the run is showing.

Here we go with ratio arguments again