joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok serious question here. Pay day is Friday, hence my shopping day. I only do major shopping every two weeks so this run needs to happen. Do I go tomorrow morning before pay day or can I get my shopping done Friday morning early? 

You'll have time Friday morning I would think. It's not supposed to hit bad until later in the day/evening

I think this is my first ever blizzard watch - no way one was issued a few years back - we went under a blizzard warning for the two storms in feb 10 but not a blizzard watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone just said in the disco thread that this is the first time that NWS Sterling has issued a blizzard watch.

Blizzard makes sense. It may be the 2nd half of the storm when we get def-banded as the storm pulls away, drier snow with the winds picking up, but it's a high, potentially life threatening event throughout, so I like this vs. A WSW going into a blizzard warning.

So would I Yoda.........I'd actually prefer it.  And then another next week, and another the next week, and another the next week.

Well we already know that isn't happening in the MA.  Might as well cash in as much as possible on this storm, might be our only opportunity. 

By the way, this is when I recall those times when coastals brought us 3+ inches of rain and wondered, "if only this we're snow..."

:-)

The NAM miraculously keeps me from mixing.  I've got my doubts and still think I mix but get hammered anyway. sort of a sandwish, snow, sleet and then snow.  Hope the euro is right.

Archived