joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #3 - No Banter

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about this for DC: NAM gives us 2.5", shave that to 2" (because, NAM), 11:1 climo ratio. 22", good for 2nd place all time. Book it ;)

Pretty great consistency for near or just over 2" liquid. Last two or three euro runs look glorious area-wide. I'd ride the euro and look for 18-22" as the first standard deviation range for the whole region.

Paw Paw in in Morgan County, 2 counties to the west. 

the WV bullseye on that panel is Jefferson County:  HF, Bolivar, Charles Town, Rippon, Kearneysville, etc.

My appologies Trix. Thanks for the clarification. I like where you sit for this one. My home is up the road in Hagerstown. The whole 81 corridor looks to get blasted. 

i take that with a big grain of salt, i,ve been here almost my whole life of 67 years and largest snowfall was 28", in any snowstorm, dating back to 1954

i'm a skeptic as well, but the models have been forecasting big amounts for the last 3-4 days now, so it could have merit.

i was living in montgomery village during pd2 and i'm pretty confident we got close to 30 inches.  it was crazy.  since then i've realized how much a difference living just a little north of the city can make.

no need for any kind of apology. :)  I just didn't want any roadtrippers to go there and be disappointed. 

I agree about the 81 corridor--this is the perfect setup for us:  12/18/09 and of course 1996.   I haven't checked any soundings this morning but I am more hopeful this time that with the dynamics we might see some thundersnow--that's usually reserved for the other side of the mountains.

Agreed. I'm at work but I'll be checking the soundings after I'm finished forecasting and give you the scoop. Either way, out here looks prime for a mauling.

The 12Z Saturday souding is downright orgasmic. Shows a really big elevated unstable layer. If someone in the area doesn't see thundersnow in the area, I'll hang my head in shame and will stop psoting here in summer.

Have you had a chance to read the soundings for us folks near the bay? I figure if Dunkirk looks good, Annapolis should be too. We all expect pingers but wonder if some forecasts I've seen hold merit to this major mixing idea.

The 12Z Saturday souding is downright orgasmic. Shows a really big elevated unstable layer. If someone in the area doesn't see thundersnow in the area, I'll hang my head in shame and will stop psoting here in summer.

Keep talking dirty. :wub:

The 12Z Saturday souding is downright orgasmic.  Shows a really big elevated unstable layer.  If someone in the area doesn't see thundersnow in the area,  I'll hang my head in shame and will stop psoting here in summer. 

LOL!!  Will that term be "spell corrected" to "randytastic" too?  :D

I know this was probably mentioned in some manner but so many posts to sift through, I'll go on ahead and ask it now.  The transition to the CCB/banding stage would be around late Saturday morning, correct?  At least from what I'm seeing.

The 12Z Saturday souding is downright orgasmic.  Shows a really big elevated unstable layer.  If someone in the area doesn't see thundersnow in the area,  I'll hang my head in shame and will stop psoting here in summer. 

I'd love to see Jim Cantore flipping out on camera as thundersnow rages!

Wes:  what kind of problems do you think the high NE winds coming off the Bay could cause for low-lying areas like North Beach and Chesapeake Beach?  Luckily, my brother in Chesa Beach is not right next to the water.

Didn't see it mentioned already, but the Euro Para 0Z actually came out. 72h panel is a crush job for DC. totals are in the 24-30" range even for DC metro.

If anything people are hedging low. Not a bad idea but could surprise some folks.

Archived