joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA OMG SNOW thread -- Winter 2016

neff

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd bet that we get a 1 color shift north today...then a tick back tomorrow.  My guess is this is where we will be w/ this storm.  Still hope you northern/western folk can grab onto this thing and pull it north some.  So close to so much potential for all of us. ITs been a long time since CTP has been in the bullseye.

Maybe next one.

Nut

has best qpf north of me.....and i'd be fine w/ that.  if this verifys...many to the south of BWI will be looking for bridges

It's all about us.... :)

CTP is very bullish. Unusual for them, hope they're right!

Based on their forecast discussion, they seem to give equal weights to the 12km NAM/SREF/CMC group and the GFS/Euro group. I would tend to lean more towards the later group up here at least. It's also a bit of a red flag that the 4 km NAM (near the end of its range at 54-60hrs) shows precipitation not making it into Centre County as the surface low moves off to the east.

Today is the today hope to find some sort of consensus now that the hi-res shorter range models are in their range. The last 2 days have been a roller coaster ride for MDT on north. If you believe the 0z EURO and even now the 6z GFS outside of extreme Southern PA this is a 6" or less snowstorm.

DC, VA fairly easy forecast, there has been no real change regardless of model output. Up here, NYC what a tough forecast!

I was also wondering what the short range models was bringing to the table today...

also showing higher chance for some sleet to mix in than it has been showing for LSV hence the lower snow output... wish we could trust the SREF lol

Yeah, I'm not sure what NAM you're talking about. The 12z actually looks better south of the turnpike than the 06z did. The cutoff up here is even sharper, though.

I must've been looking at the older panel and thinking it was later, because it had no precip north of the border (I thought) at 48. I'm happy to be wrong.

Depends where you are at. Out my way it is pretty awful.

Yep, PIT suffers most in this run. LSV actually does better. Up here we're still right on the border, but the gradient is even sharper, so it's hard to tell if it's "better" or "worse" verbatim. Just north of UNV definitely does worse. It's also better for Wilkes Barre, I think.

Archived