SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #2 - No Banter

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the maps on IWM/TT/etc use 10:1 ratios or Kuchera...

Understood. As long as 10-1 is being used then that is a safe bet (at least for now). So many things point to lower end of ratios (surface temps, possible brief mix, winds) with only the hope of long duration deform band setting up with great rates.

Regardless....gonna be a great event

Only three 12"+ snowstorms have over 2" liquid in DC. Two are the top two snowstorms. 1922, 1899. Of course Snowmageddon should be in that list too if you believe all the surrounding obs and remember DCA is the worst.  Mar 1958 dropped 3.75" but it was mostly rain.. in the city.

1922 is the Knickerbocker(sp) disaster and I think the record for DC.

Only three 12"+ snowstorms have over 2" liquid in DC. Two are the top two snowstorms. 1922, 1899. Of course Snowmageddon should be in that list too if you believe all the surrounding obs and remember DCA is the worst.  Mar 1958 dropped 3.75" but it was mostly rain.. in the city.

I think PD2 had over 2"?

GEFS Mean is awesome...

GEFS Mean colder and southeast....2.5"+ for DC/Alex/PG, and 2"+ for all of DC and Balt metro

GEFS 30"+ for immediate western Burbs of DC

Those have to be the highest amounts I can ever recall seeing on an ensemble mean this far out.

I've spent more time watching weather models than I care to admit over the last 9 years. I have never seen such a tight cluster for a hecs in our yards at 4 day leads than tonight's gefs. I mean like wow. Holy S

It is truly astounding and hard to believe an ensemble can put 30" on us...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

interesting thanks for that info

Archived