• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/19-1/20 mid-week storm potential

Bsudweather

HRR and RAP are keeping a band of moderate precip together through the western upstate tomorrow afternoon. Both of them drop a swath of .10 to .20 of liquid. Maybe we could manage a dusting to an inch?

Edit: NAM now has over .10 inch as well for tomorrow afternoon. :popcorn:

post-309-0-18979900-1453277084_thumb.gif

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HRR and RAP are keeping a band of moderate precip together through the western upstate tomorrow afternoon. Both of them drop a swath of .10 to .20 of liquid. Maybe we could manage a dusting to an inch?

Edit: NAM now has over .10 inch as well for tomorrow afternoon. :popcorn:

Amazing that it holds up cross the mountains. Just up stream from you it looks good here .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of our superintendents from Ellijay called and said his yard is covered already.  My yard is the frozen tundra.  We've been above freezing for about 30 minutes since Sunday evening.

it's a bit surprising to hear that snow is reaching the ground already. I would have thought much of this would be virga given the dry column.

it's a bit surprising to hear that snow is reaching the ground already. I would have thought much of this would be virga given the dry column.

its definitely virga here. According to radar its snowing here but nothing reaching the ground.

Edit: getting some sleet pellets and now some light freezing rain

Some flakes are reaching the ground here in Rutherford as the local radar loop looks great. 

Congrats!  Radar shows flakes overhead here too, but there's no ground truth as of yet.

Either way this is pretty amazing, because precipitation doesn't usually hold together as it comes across the mountains from the due west for either of us.

One thing I noticed about this system is that the 850mb moisture is coming in first so there is no super dry layer there to overcome once the deeper moisture arrives.  I was wondering if that would reduce the virga.

One thing I noticed about this system is that the 850mb moisture is coming in first so there is no super dry layer there to overcome once the deeper moisture arrives.  I was wondering if that would reduce the virga.

Good catch...and looks like you were right. 12z nam showing you some love too. You might squeeze out a decent winter event yet with this. Those are some pretty heavy returns to the west..if that holds together and remains snow, could be quite a pretty scene later.

Archived