Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/17/16 Winter Weather Threat

packfan98

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a joke right. Someone just posted earlier that he said this was no big deal

Somebody said that, but that was not what Bastardi actually said at all. He said that his concern was growing for the first accumulating snow of the season from DC to New York City Sunday night into Monday. This of course was referring to this storm.

I just don't see it going that far south. Doesn't fit the pattern we have had since fall with all the moisture coming north.

The problem is the huge arctic high coming down suppression everything. It's would not surprise me if this was the case and the system is very supposed. Cannot rule anything out at this point.

I just don't see it going that far south. Doesn't fit the pattern we have had since fall with all the moisture coming north.

Funny, I have been saying the same thing honestly, not that I am trusting the GFS at all, besides, we usually see a northwest trend as we get closer to the actual event. Whether that happens with this system, well, to be determined. Perhaps the evening runs will lend some consistency to either solution.

The GFS is still consistent with the storm path. The Euro looked to be trending to the GFS but then got squashed. It is common sense to go with the consistent model. Not because it looks the best, but because it's consistent. If the GFS has 1 run of major suppression, then we can call the game. But until that happens, I think the best bet is to stick with the GFS for now.

I disagree. I think it could fit the pattern.  The PNA is building in stronger forcing the HP to dig as well as our vort and energy for this storm.  So a stronger ridge=southern solution.

We have the CMC and EURO both suppressing the storm, but is that such a bad thing? We all know how it is when we are praying for a SE trend lol.  I would bet the GFS is a little too strong as it does tend to "overshoot" or "overdo" a trend only to bring it back a little a few runs later.

Also we have to pay attention to this first MASSIVE low pressure in the next couple days as it is still pivotal for our Sunday storm.  All in all right now there is still too many variables for the models to sort out.  Its not weird at all that the models have not aligned yet. I don't expect them to find a unanimous solution until Friday as the first system is moving out IF they ever totally agree.

Right now we have a very firm GFS camp NAM also at 84 is similar to GFS.  And the CMC and EURO are suppressing, but they both are shaky and not consistent.  This is exactly where we want to be at this point. We have 2 days left before several variables (first storm, Vort entering US etc.) are out of the picture so I would say we have 1-2 days of runs for the models to get this ironed out.  Perfect place to be. After all you guys always say you would rather see it suppressed.

Archived