Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
1/17/16 Winter Weather Threat

packfan98

UK Met is tucked in!

GZ_D5_PN_048_0000.gif

That's not a bad low position at all, if we can only get better moisture transport... i'm telling you we aren't far off from a descent storm.. If you look at today's gulf low, it has tracked farther inland than modeled and with a lot more rain.. just last night only .50 inch or less amounts were progged for WNC now 1.50 + in some areas..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not a bad low position at all, if we can only get better moisture transport... i'm telling you we aren't far off from a descent storm.. If you look at today's gulf low, it has tracked farther inland than modeled and with a lot more rain.. just last night only .50 inch or less amounts were progged for WNC now 1.50 + in some areas..

Regardless of the track of the low the winds at 700mb are not out of the SW allowing for better moisture transport . Your not going to get a huge moisture increase . The only way is for a phase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few ticks north and a lot of people will be in the game on this. Euro doesn't go far enough north but it looked better to me than the last nights run.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

yep this is close

Light amounts over the carolinas by 54 hours. with a 996mb low a hundred or so miles southeast of charleston. not sure of the surface but at 850mb, 0c is along the coast.

regardless of what happens, i hope folks remember just how badly the euro handled this system. Just a few runs ago when everyone was calling it king and a win for it, it had the low in the far northwest carribean or roughly 600 miles south of where it is showing it going this morning. Frankly the gfs kicked it's ass.

yep this is close

Light amounts over the carolinas by 54 hours. with a 996mb low a hundred or so miles southeast of charleston. not sure of the surface but at 850mb, 0c is along the coast.

regardless of what happens, i hope folks remember just how badly the euro handled this system. Just a few runs ago when everyone was calling it king and a win for it, it had the low in the far northwest carribean or roughly 600 miles south of where it is showing it going this morning. Frankly the gfs kicked it's ass.

yea gfs did fairly well 5-6 days out.  this shows that the nw trend is still alive and well.  once it got within 72 it started to tick north.

yep this is close

GFS has been winning a lot lately...maybe it's the fast Pacific flow.  This was noticeably better for sure.  Looks like UKMet.  Need to see low level temps when they come out

Just my thoughts here. I don't think we will see a turn or big phase but we might luck out if it can tick north and give a descent moisture transport into areas cold enough. If we can squeeze out 2 inches it should be seen as a win and as lookout mentioned it just shows that you can't put all your eggs in the Euro basket.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Archived