e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
1/17/16 Winter Weather Threat

packfan98

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it snows hard enough it can stick at 50 degrees !!

The thing is that if snow is making it to the surface with the BL in the 40s, it means that the BL is very thin.  If heavy snow continues, the colder temps will be brought down to the surface through dynamic cooling, etc. and you'll generally end up in the 32-34 degree range once it's all said and done.

Of course, the warm BL is rarely thin enough to get snow at the surface with temperatures in the 40s.

And we ALL know what it is showing.  I wont be surprised to see the low to turn the coast and end up abt 75-100 miles off Hatteras as maybe a 992 low. if trends continue

And we ALL know what it is showing.  I wont be surprised to see the low to turn the coast and end up abt 75-100 miles off Hatteras as maybe a 992 low. if trends continue

Wouldn't suprised me the least bit. I agree with nc weather post today. At 5h the 12z euro was real real close. Course close doesn't get it done. Anyway we need it to deepen a notch or 2 and it'll increase qpf and suck in colder air I think. Course the waa is always a legit concern as well.

Who in Europe chose 1:00 am to run a model out to be sent out to the front lines without a gun in a one man platoon.

Wouldn't suprised me the least bit. I agree with nc weather post today. At 5h the 12z euro was real real close. Course close doesn't get it done. Anyway we need it to deepen a notch or 2 and it'll increase qpf and suck in colder air I think. Course the waa is always a legit concern as well.

Who in Europe chose 1:00 am to run a model out to be sent out to the front lines without a gun in a one man platoon.

maybe their clocks are all wrong,jmo

Also of note IF this does turn up the coast I think the track will be along the Gulf Stream. Snowlover91 sent me the image.post-8878-0-92952600-1452835474_thumb.pn

The Gulf Stream can create a path of least resistance that storms tend to follow. IF we get a phase this won't be 200miles offshore at all. And the snow totals won't be a trace either.

If euro trends as much as gfs did euro will show a storm up the east coast. Qpf and temps will be ironed out after the storm strength is decided

Also of note IF this does turn up the coast I think the track will be along the Gulf Stream. Snowlover91 sent me the image. image.png

The Gulf Stream can create a path of least resistance that storms tend to follow. IF we get a phase this won't be 200miles offshore at all. And the snow totals won't be a trace either.

If euro trends as much as gfs did euro will show a storm up the east coast. Qpf and temps will be ironed out after the storm strength is decided

Am I correct that those type storms wrap in their on cold air, especially on the NW side of the Low?

I'm seeing 0.08".

For some reason, OKC is the default airport the site starts out on. You  have to scroll down to the map, zoom to your area and find your airport button.

Thanks Jonathon for pointing that out I had it bookmarked for RDU and I thought that was the location that opened by default. I deleted my post

Archived