Newest Member
    12bet1 net
woof jan 10-11

DTWXRISK

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian-DT storm.

It's like ML King-Stonewall Jackson day in VA.

that works. i don't really care that much.. not to mention how I feel about storms being named after people!... but I feel like rodney dangerfield sometimes. :P

and you all know that about me ...

I dont bark for no reason..

ECMWF-EPS_500mbHgtanom_naexp_f312.png

Always one to allow paranoia to claw its way into my snow weenie mind, verbatim, that trough looks a bit too progressive for a storm to come very far north. Looks better for RIC than BWI at this point. Obviously, a long way to go.

Always one to allow paranoia to claw its way into my snow weenie mind, verbatim, that trough looks a bit too progressive for a storm to come very far north. Looks better for RIC than BWI at this point. Obviously, a long way to go.

Trying to learn what to look for but when you say it's too progressive, is that because it's not titled enough?  Or the axis is a bit too far west?  Thanks Mitch.

Trying to learn what to look for but when you say it's too progressive, is that because it's not titled enough? Or the axis is a bit too far west? Thanks Mitch.

Trough should look like a "U" or a "V". Then it would be neutral, and that would be OK for us. This trough is leaning with the top to the right of vertical. Negative trough has the top leaning to the left side of vertical.

Trough should look like a "U" or a "V". Then it would be neutral, and that would be OK for us. This trough is leaning with the top to the right of vertical. Negative trough has the top leaning to the left side of vertical.

An old DT rule of thumb is we don't want the trough to close off (become a circle or ball) west of the Miss. River.

Thanks Mitch - always like learning new words here so it sounds like I know what I'm talking about ;) 

It is an ensemble mean though. Not sure how sharp the trough can look at that range with the smoothing out you get on a mean of 52 runs.

Archived