joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more interested in a certain pattern, which is one that'll produce record highs.

From a meteorological standpoint it's much more fascinating to see something like this unfold. It's going to be bizarre seeing so many people wear t-shirts and even shorts in mid December.

It's a taste of the Deep South.

I'm all about the warm December from a prediction standpoint. But I never said it couldn't snow this month so if it can so be it, it's a bonus and helps me get closer to my seasonal forecast.

But I think you're starting to troll with the warm talk.

And even if it hits 70 no one other then us weather geeks and a couple random people will wear shorts. I started a whole talk about that back a few weeks ago when it was warm it seemed like 95% of people were dressed for cold. Once the expected cold season hits people dress warm regardless of the weather

I'm all about the warm December from a prediction standpoint. But I never said it couldn't snow this month so if it can so be it, it's a bonus and helps me get closer to my seasonal forecast.

And even if it hits 70 no one other then us weather geeks and a couple random people will wear shorts. I started a whole talk about that back a few weeks ago when it was warm it seemed like 95% of people were dressed for cold. Once the expected cold season hits people dress warm regardless of the weather

Pretty much. Even if you touch 70 in the afternoon, the mornings, evenings, and any cloudy episodes will not be particularly warm... at least not to the extent that pants would make anybody uncomfortable.

No trolling here, I'm legit interested in this pattern. You underestimate people though, I guarantee numerous individuals will be wearing tshirts if it gets as high as 70F. Expectations and reality vary tremendously.

Also lol at posting a 384hr gfs off run.

I'm more interested in a certain pattern, which is one that'll produce record highs.

From a meteorological standpoint it's much more fascinating to see something like this unfold. It's going to be bizarre seeing so many people wear t-shirts and even shorts in mid December.

It's a taste of the Deep South.

75-80+ here in Austin through Saturday. :thumbsup:

True. Which is why I'm ok with a warm winter.

Not to mention, the last 3 seasons have been pretty darn good to Suffolk Co.

Snow totals per measurements at Upton. October - April & season total.

2012-2013   0   1.1   1.4   4.7   35.8   8.8   0   51.8      

2013-2014   0   0.2   5.4   24.8   23.9   3.2   0   57.5       

2014-2015   0   0   0.3   22.8   15.2   23.9   0   62.2

Not to mention, the last 3 seasons have been pretty darn good to Suffolk Co.

Snow totals per measurements at Upton. October - April & season total.

2012-2013 0 1.1 1.4 4.7 35.8 8.8 0 51.8

2013-2014 0 0.2 5.4 24.8 23.9 3.2 0 57.5

2014-2015 0 0 0.3 22.8 15.2 23.9 0 62.2

Yea. This is my first winter in suffolk since 2009. Last 5 were in nassau and we did well also.

Right after I closed on the house in march it snowed twice but I wasn't living here yet.

Where on the island are you

Western Nassau, but I work in Brooklyn for a private school that closes for nothing. I've had some hair-raising commutes on the Belt these past several years.

I did get off for the quasi-blizzard last year -- forgot about that -- but it was an emotional letdown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Western Nassau, but I work in Brooklyn for a private school that closes for nothing. I've had some hair-raising commutes on the Belt these past several years.

I did get off for the quasi-blizzard last year -- forgot about that -- but it was an emotional letdown.

Sent from my iPad

Nice. Where in western nassau? I moved from Albertson this spring. Was there for 5 years

Little overdue,but, been keeping stats since 2012 for each month comparing them to Upton, last year and this year are not that different, at least on my end of island, November was warm but only about 5.6+ previous year was 3.6+ I think, I'm recalling from memory at moment but it's on computer saved. Thought it was interesting.

Archived