joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think its that it would cut. The risk is if there isn't enough cold air around and we get a coastal/hugger it would be rain/mix for the coast

1 guy insists OTS another talking  R/S lines 9 days out 

It is all snow at KNYC .  

9 days out , bring the LP to the BM  then figure it out 

i long for the days when these boards had useful information on them. The analysis in here is God-awful. so depressing.

What kind of analysis would you like for a threat 7-10 days away? All you need to know is that there's a threat. The pattern supports a storm somewhere in the Eastern US.

I hate when you do this. Post the next image lol :)

But in the end it doesn't matter. It's another OP run over a week out. Everyone needs to stop getting hung up on these OP model runs. Just know the pattern is conducive for a storm somewhere in the Eastern US and worry about some of the details when we're within 96 hours (day 4).

I hate when you do this. Post the next image lol :)

But in the end it doesn't matter. It's another OP run over a week out. Everyone needs to stop getting hung up on these OP model runs. Just know the pattern is conducive for a storm somewhere in the Eastern US and worry about some of the details when we're within 96 hours (day 4).

ecmwf_T850_us_11.png

last image of the 12z run

PV suppressed look

if the storm is slower to arrive???

How"s  that RJ...

just stick a low off the coast and everything will magically work out!

Not the point. The ensembles have been working LP towards the BM over the past few days.

"Hence we will work it out " Means the argument inside 10 minutes can't go from OTS to rain

It makes for bad analysis.

Chances are if you stick LP over the BM with a Neg NAO in the coldest part of winter where the air mass is just "cold enough " I will take my chances.

Especially when we r 8 days out /I don't disco R/S.

This is the banter thread after all. Although I don't know why analysis is happening here and not in the January discussion thread.

Pattern analysis belongs in the discussion thread. Threats day 5 and beyond belong in banter. Most people would agree with that.

Pattern analysis belongs in the discussion thread. Threats day 5 and beyond belong in banter. Most people would agree with that.

i agree with you. If any of the mets can tell me why this storm keeps getting pushed further and further. Is that a bad sign? No doubt were going into a very favorable pattern but why is it getting pushed?

Many people have opposing views and this is great for conversation.

What some of the people complaining about the lack of info on here don't seem to understand is that discussing model output of a day 9 threat at length is just dumb.

Plenty of meteorologists have been discussing and writing about the chances for winter wx over the next couple weeks, and all the model output you'll ever need is available for free from multiple sites. I have no sympathy for people who rely on internet forums for their "analysis".

i agree with you. If any of the mets can tell me why this storm keeps getting pushed further and further. Is that a bad sign? No doubt were going into a very favorable pattern but why is it getting pushed?

There's so many vorts in the flow that the models are having a tough time keying in on exactly which one we should be looking at and how the blocking sets up, western ridge and eastern trough orientation and position, etc etc. Keep expecting relatively big changes for at least the next few days.

Archived