joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Miller B's seem to have so many more variables...and clock you folks in New England more than NYC. I keep my hopes in check with these storms.

Yea, but with the intensity of this el nino, we should have an immense STJ presence, so miller a events should rule the season.

This is why I really like you guys down into Baltimore and DC this year.

Before we head towards the unexpected, we have a huge quick warmup with some heavy rains possible.

More records will be broken before the pattern completely changes.

This is so stupid. The pattern changed on Jan 1 . A storm cutting to the lakes with a 3 day warm up is not an extention of Dec .

You guys have to stop with this stupidity. We may get cold/wintry after the 10th , but that doesn't preclude any single storm from cutting , but the fact that you swing the trough right back through means that's the pattern you are in

Massive ridge out West, stretching all the way up into far NW Canada. Block over SE Canada and a strong Southern stream S/W. Fun times ahead.

i know you are only reporting what your seeing on the model but why is it that the 18z GFS is the only model showing potential, and the euro and 6z 12z GFS show less appealing outcomes? Why is it just the 18z day in and day out

i know you are only reporting what your seeing on the model but why is it that the 18z GFS is the only model showing potential, and the euro and 6z 12z GFS show less appealing outcomes? Why is it just the 18z day in and day out

I've seen this storm on cmc and navgem as well

There are so many lobes of energy crashing into the backside of energy swinging  through on the STJ that the models will not catch the one of two that will turn N outside 5 days . 

This is not your  run of the mill pattern setting up . Actually it`s an anomalous one .  OP runs 5 days out are going to make your head spin .

You may see a different snowstorm pop up every day  outside day 5 - 7 - 9 -11 etc before the models can grab the real one . 

Yep, loads of potential in this pattern. Merely timing issues at this point and models having a tough time with speed and determining which pieces of energy interact. There will be OTS solutions, suppressed solutions, and SECS/MECS solutions coming over the next several days. Cutter solution wouldnt make much sense based on strength/position of -nao unless something changes drastically with the blocking. Fun times ahead!

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Archived