• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

The Euro does not sheer this out , because it does not  flatten the flow  it maintains the height falls on the EC , however just a tad east .

N to S in the means vs being pushed out mean 2 different things .  You are phasing on the euro and the trough axis looks a bit east .

The shunt off OBX or the S/E  coast results from it`s belief of just  fast PAC flat flow which the GFS likes to do  . 

All you have to do is the pull the ridge axis back from Denver to Grand Junction ( so to speak ) and that trough axis comes west .  The euro will be the 1st too it .

But the entire genesis on the EC on the Euro has a slower/deeper look .  

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first image   is the 0z   OP EURO     jan 15-16

post-9415-0-27575800-1452359944_thumb.jp

second image is the   0z  PARALLEL   EURO  RUN very  close    but there is  a timing issue

post-9415-0-58057700-1452359972_thumb.jp

thirds image in   0z  euro  para  run EPS   big  hit for  everyone   DC  to BOS  

post-9415-0-99192900-1452359976_thumb.jp

See now this is my point you say nothing after today's 6z gfs run nothing about last nights oz euro run, nothing about the para euro runs yesterday but as soon as a model shows a bad solution snow wise you can't wait to post. Snowman19 too. I don't get it

Doorman not hug models.....Doorman post comp GFS showing chaos   :bag:

Money Guidance HERE

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/map/images/ens/ensmean_ussm_animation.html

https://youtu.be/dLg9k3yFC40

See now this is my point you say nothing after today's 6z gfs run nothing about last nights oz euro run, nothing about the para euro runs yesterday but as soon as a model shows a bad solution snow wise you can't wait to post. Snowman19 too. I don't get it

It's called trolling!

It's called trolling!

Doorman is not a troll. Been around a long time and usually bullish on storms but not when things aren't going well, as they have not been so far. People are saying it's not like 98, but in that case we had a number of storms, all rain and wind. Kinda like tomorrow. I am  hoping the pattern sets up the way some here think it will, but we'll see.

He may not be trolling per se but after a couple missed calls last winter he vanished until reappearing a few weeks ago

Bring some weather info....mods will ban you for bashing a poster !!!!!  GOT IT!!!

sour grapes with this cat 

Check the GFS 12z ensembles . They are fine .

gfs-ememb_lowlocs_us_37.thumb.png.25e8dc

for OTS progs???? LOL

gfs-ens_uv250_us_36.png

It may end up being . but that is not what the ensemble say.

The OP takes the center east of the S/C coast . There are members that are far slower flow wise  , you have to be able to see that 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_36.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_35.png

He may not be trolling per se but after a couple missed calls last winter he vanished until reappearing a few weeks ago

Some of us only come around in winter. I for one am not much interested in rainy springs or thunderstorms, and I don't go out in the heat....so unless a Sandy-like event is happening in my back yard, I don't hang around...I can get the info I need on the radio. It's a device us older folks still listen to....but to track winter storms this is the best place I've found for local events.

it has been just awful  for weather in the nyc since last winter.. so sometimes i go back and read up on past big storms my oh my how exciting it was when we had a big storm happening i enjoy reading those posts and comments :)

Even the storms last year were boring, after the big one missed it was nice to have the smaller ones but we never really recovered psychologically....so we haven't had much excitement really since 2011 in terms of blockbuster storms, but then, they are rare.

Archived