joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are people here generally thinking they always want 12 inch plus snowstorms and if not they are disappointed. .what is wrong with 3-6 inchers

When my 6 year old son looked me in the eye two days ago and said "Daddy, if you don't make it snow soon I will call social services", I don't think he meant 3-6 inches.

Ernie Stewart played for them he was one of my favorite players for the US National team in the 2000's, had a lot of heart and gave it his all; he was always proud to wear the US jersey though he spent a lot of his boyhood in Europe. Few Americans were ever good enough to play in the Dutch league, Stewart was one and John O Brien, who played for Ajax, was another. Both played great in the 2002 WC which was the best run for the US since 1930, and still is....

Dont forget about Demarcus Beasley...played with PSV as well

in early February 1983 it was mild with near 60 degree temps...A cold front with some rain passed and much colder air was funneled in from the nw...The winds were hollowing up in the Poconos where I was at the time...A few days later a coastal storm brought 4" of snow and sleet...four days later 18" fell on the 11th and 12th...1965 had no snow until a minor system gave us 0.4" on the 20th...no real cold air followed...on the 22nd-23rd a coastal storm gave us 2-3" of wet snow before changing to rain at the coast...temps were above freezing all day...a cold front passed on the 24th with a few flurries...A coastal storm gave us a little snow on the 26th-27th...arctic air followed with single digit temps...On the 29th a southern storm brought snow to the area...the storm tracked to close to the coast and the snow changed to rain in the morning of the 30th...temps rose to 38 before the back side of the storm took over...3" of snow fell on the back side on sw winds...7" of snow and ice were on the ground after the storm...

God that one sucked, only got 6 inches (maybe). Though nothing ever quite felt right about that storm, even when the 2-3 feet forecasts were coming out I never truly believed it. What a letdown by the Euro.

The Mets and forecast agencies are the ones who really failed. You shouldn't put all your eggs in one Euro basket.

In the end it was a miss by about 50-60 miles, which happens all the time with rainstorms that no one could care less about.

Archived