• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

In mid Jan a week of - 3 to -5 is cold enough  , and if there is any cover  post Jan 17 you keep any warm up muted .

There may be multiple chances in this pattern . This is by no means a 1 and done pattern once past mid month 

I'd agree.  Even the great pattern of 09-10 in the Mid Atl did not have air  that was all that cold-cold enough works.   Fingers crossed for some storms...with the Sub trop jet we should be in business at some point.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd agree. Even the great pattern of 09-10 in the Mid Atl did not have air that was all that cold-cold enough works. Fingers crossed for some storms...with the Sub trop jet we should be in business at some point.

I believe blizzard warnings may have been up for 2/10/10 but it was 32-33 the whole time with heavy wet snow falling

I'd agree. Even the great pattern of 09-10 in the Mid Atl did not have air that was all that cold-cold enough works. Fingers crossed for some storms...with the Sub trop jet we should be in business at some point.

Exactly. I rather take my Chances with slightly below normal temps than true arctic air which risks suppression city. The pattern doesn't favor any cutters in the long range as long as that block is forecasted correctly.

Exactly. I rather take my Chances with slightly below normal temps than true arctic air which risks suppression city. The pattern doesn't favor any cutters in the long range as long as that block is forecasted correctly.

Agree...the last thing we want is something like March 2014....cold and dry for weeks.

Goose since its banter what are your thoughts about the upcoming pattern. All the indices are there will we be rejoicing or talking about what could have been

I've been holding onto the later idea as a whole for awhile I had said 1/10 or 1/15 here and not til possibly 1/20-1/25 for the MA and southern states. It still looks like later is going to better, we still could see something sneak up on Jan 13 or 14 for sure but I think we get a measureable significant snow here sometime between 1/18 and 1/31

phrases like 01-02, 11-12, Juno, March 2001, 97-98 should only be uttered here at one's own risk

Other the "Juno" none are at all relevant!!!! We already crushed 97-98s lowest temp. 01-02 was a nationwide torch extravaganza. March 2001 a model bust. And 11-12 had less blocking in an entire winter then we will see this month alone.

AO-/NAO-/PNA+ and still record highs for the Northeast. NYC might hit 60 on Sunday.

gfs_T2ma_neus_13.png

Right off the bat that's wrong from coastal areas. While not super cold offshore water temps have cooled sufficiently to mute any super warm temps in an onshore flow.

Also this is a cutter which by its very nature brings its own warm air so it's not part of the larger pattern

Right off the bat that's wrong from coastal areas. While not super cold offshore water temps have cooled sufficiently to mute any super warm temps in an onshore flow.

Also this is a cutter which by its very nature brings its own warm air so it's not part of the larger pattern

Okay, here's the "cold front" behind the clipper. It's pretty mild for most of the region. This is January. It's supposed to be cold.

gfs_T2ma_neus_19.png

The sea temp in the New York Bight is still 50 degrees. The Battery is 45 degrees. It's still pretty warm out there.

AO-/NAO-/PNA+ and still record highs for the Northeast. NYC might hit 60 on Sunday.

gfs_T2ma_neus_13.png

MOS has 51 for KNYC at that time (50 for both JFK and LGA) that's very impressive for so early in the morning but it might not rise all that much after that. It would be cool to hit 62 or so though, if we torch anyways we should at least make it count.

SREF Plume is just over 1" by Sunday PM, with possibly a little more to go, outside the 84hr. range.

More importantly, and sadly,  the 12ZGFS had no snow till Jan. 22, which must be the fourth in a series of possiblities/failures.

SREF Plume is just over 1" by Sunday PM, with possibly a little more to go, outside the 84hr. range.

More importantly, and sadly,  the 12ZGFS had no snow till Jan. 22, which must be the fourth in a series of possiblities/failures.

you are basing that off an OP run of the GFS?  Jesus...look at the pattern dude.   Stop using an OP model beyond 4-5 days

you are basing that off an OP run of the GFS? Jesus...look at the pattern dude. Stop using an OP model beyond 4-5 days

He's a troll. He posts what ever best fits his "warm and snowless" agenda. PB has been schooling him so far this month.

No way in hell we go snowless till the 22nd in the coming pattern. Quote me on that

Archived