Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December warm NOT White

PB GFI

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're going to shatter the monthly record. December 2001 had multiple lows in the 20s at the end of the month (including 21 degrees on Dec. 31). I'm not sure if Central Park will dip below 32 this December.

Central Park is almost certainly going to get below freezing next weekend...850s are like -12C for a couple days.

However, we should break the record for least number of December freezes, which is 6 from 2006. I don't see us getting nearly that many freezes, we'll probably end with 2-3 nights at or below 32F.

I can't believe my +9.5 is going to bust low.

I looked at the contest thread. 22 out 25 were between plus 2 and plus 5

There was a 6 , 7 , 8 .5 ( you ) . You won that going away.

The Euro was plus 2. The CFS was plus 3 . I did see a plus anamoly December from July but def not to the extent .

The distance was good but 2 is not 10

I looked at the contest thread. 22 out 25 were between plus 2 and plus 5

There was a 6 , 7 , 8 .5 ( you ) . You won that going away.

The Euro was plus 2. The CFS was plus 3 . I did see a plus anamoly December from July but def not to the extent .

The distance was good but 2 is not 10

I'm shocked you were only plus 2. Writing was on the wall that this month tourched. Personally I thought we would see more storminess and thus some cold shots on the back of cutters. Even the puke fest winter of 11/12 saw that. That's why i went 4-6

I'm shocked you were only plus 2. Writing was on the wall that this month tourched. Personally I thought we would see more storminess and thus some cold shots on the back of cutters. Even the puke fest winter of 11/12 saw that. That's why i went 4-6

After seeing November plus 6 and thinking J thru M would be plus 1 I thought we would be able to glide into just AN.

I went back to the enso thread and back in July I opined that Dec could be really warm so my winter forecast of plus 1 has always only included J thru M . But as we got closer I used the guidance

CFS plus 3. Euro plus 2 and took the under .I couldn't justify going higher.

The look at 500 call is right "the height field should cut off the arctic air " . I am not sure what I could have used to see plus 10 .

Maybe I didn't want to see it but as I go back to last February I was minus 4 , which I thought that was cold but in the end I missed that minus 10 anomaly too .

Archived