Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December warm NOT White

PB GFI

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. This winter is bringing out some good stuff.

CFS torches Jan so that sounds about right. Nature is going to be so out of sync.

Week 4 Euro weeklies ,

Totally different look at 500 from Jan 10 to Jan 15 . You erased all those low heights in AL

The EPO goes NEG after the 1st . The PNA goes POS after the 1st .[/b]

The pattern change will be felt by mid month .

The timeline of seeing this pattern begin to change between Jan 10 - 15 looks spot on . 850 anomalies are plus 2 and cool to N during this time and for mid JAN this is N .

The torch in mid Jan will be OVER according to the Euro weeklies .

Any week 4 forecast is a crap shoot and didn't they fail miserably for the 2nd half of December.

I don't think Jan will be the torch this month is because that's nearly impossible however I'm going with another top 5-10 month.

Good chance any significant changes are delayed last week of Jan and into Feb, which would be too late to save next month.

Any week 4 forecast is a crap shoot and didn't they fail miserably for the 2nd half of December.

I don't think Jan will be the torch this month is because that's nearly impossible however I'm going with another top 5-10 month.

Good chance any significant changes are delayed last week of Jan and into Feb, which would be too late to save next month.

Last weeks week 4 look spot on for week 3 now .

post-7472-0-30429800-1450181297_thumb.pn

post-7472-0-21110500-1450181308_thumb.pn

post-7472-0-94924000-1450181317_thumb.pn

There is nothing different in the forecast .  Of course a week 4 forecast is a crap shoot , it could actually end up COLDER too right ?   EC are EC .....

However I am content to see a move towards N .

The fact is if it is right and you erase the low heights in AL and turn the PNA POS and the EPO NEG , you change the Pacific .

That would be step 1 . That is what you should be looking for . Jan 10 -15 has been opined here as to start to see the NOV/DEC pattern breakdown. 

GFSx is at +11 for the next 8 days (including today), same as the first 14 days of month.   This contains our coldest days of the month.

(11.3x14) + (8x11)  = 246deg. surplus---and with a target of 211, to set all time Dec. record, the last 9 day of month would have to average -4degs.to prevent this.  Good Luck.

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/mos/getmex.pl?sta=KACY&sta=KEWR&sta=KNYC&sta=KJFK&sta=KLGA

Last night was first shot against the bow in the pattern. Another comes this weekend, it builds again into next week but gets beat down by right after Christmas. This is anything but an el nino like pattern. This is a powerful SE and WAR ridge that needs to get hammered away at and will be. By the last few days of the month we'll be tracking winter storm potential in NE. January may be variable and start to see a more nino like wet southern pattern break through once the massive heat ridge breaks down. These types of ridges finally get destroyed as their own heat transport poleward snaps the rubber band.

Archived