joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nor'easter/ ULL Nov 10-11 Discussion/ Obs

CT Valley Snowman

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The EURO is very wet for the man in Tolland who said 0.1-0.25".

12z ECM gives him over an inch of QPF.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I was suspicious of the east QPF blob well offshore and thought mid level frontogenesis would aid in a more widespread rain. Not like I expected 2-3", but more than the earlier GFS runs of less than .25"  I hope it works out because I am on the anti rip and read QPF train. The problem this early in the season, is that there isn't a ton of baroclinicity yet, so that theory may not work out. I think there is enough juice though to help.

Well, we recorded a whopping 0.10" with that first round...currently 49.9F

Isn't this bonus rain? Bob Maxon said it would be dry much of the day besides some sprinkles - steadier/heavier rain comes in later this evening and now lingers into tomorrow morning. 

Walking into work this morning almost had that 'snow feel' - high overcast, brisk chill. We're getting closer.

Interesting storm. Lots of sheet rain and wind at home. My version of mesoscale fun..lots of land/sea convergence on the coastline evident on radar. Hit the coastal front near rt 128 with subsidence behind it.  That stuff in ern NY and NH I pictured a bit further south, but surprise...it's north of where you usually think...lol. Will rotate through though.

Interesting storm. Lots of sheet rain and wind at home. My version of mesoscale fun..lots of land/sea convergence on the coastline evident on radar. Hit the coastal front near rt 128 with subsidence behind it. That stuff in ern NY and NH I pictured a bit further south, but surprise...it's north of where you usually think...lol. Will rotate through though.

Looked at radar. Looks like last Feb. South shore special with enhancement over Weymouth.

Archived