joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nor'easter/ ULL Nov 10-11 Discussion/ Obs

CT Valley Snowman

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, smells like you are wrong, All I asked for was a link and he got his tight little panties in a bunch, but god don't question the Godesses

?? I told you where to look because there were multiple examples.  Here is one if you'd like.    http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMAHINGH14

yea I see that, Cocorahs newsletter had an article about undercatch , they prefer Manual but of course what gets reported is the tipping bucket stats by the Media

The ASOS AWPAGs (all weather precipitation accumulation gauge) are pretty accurate with the wind shields (excluding whatever's going on at MVL). I'm not sure what the equipment is for the AWOSs, but they leave a lot to be desired.

The ASOS AWPAGs (all weather precipitation accumulation gauge) are pretty accurate with the wind shields (excluding whatever's going on at MVL). I'm not sure what the equipment is for the AWOSs, but they leave a lot to be desired.

From Joe D

1.56” with a 4” diameter gauge. 1.40” with a tipping gauge. This goes to why we do what we do. We believe in making manual measurements with low cost tools. We believe that measurements from many other sources are not as accurate. 

From Joe D

1.56” with a 4” diameter gauge. 1.40” with a tipping gauge. This goes to why we do what we do. We believe in making manual measurements with low cost tools. We believe that measurements from many other sources are not as accurate. 

Yeah...you can't compare a Davis tipper to an AWPAG though. I'd take an 8" AWPAG over the 4" stratus for the larger funnel opening diameter and wind shield. The 4 incher isn't immune to wind turbulence.

Is that D'Aleo or JoeD from BOX?

Archived