Newest Member
    joxey
Nor'easter/ ULL Nov 10-11 Discussion/ Obs

CT Valley Snowman

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.89"

The battery went out in my ISS this morning. I put a new battery in around 6:20am while it was a deluge and I recorded 0.97" in the Davis after that point. Salisbury COOP had 0.25" between midnight and 6:20am. A similar amount puts me at 1.20-1.25" total through the tipper. The rates were heavy at times this morning so the 1.41" in the Stratus seems reasonable. Dual pol precip estimates have 1.50"+ just to my NE.

The battery went out in my ISS this morning. I put a new battery in around 6:20am while it was a deluge and I recorded 0.97" in the Davis after that point. Salisbury COOP had 0.25" between midnight and 6:20am. A similar amount puts me at 1.20-1.25" total through the tipper. The rates were heavy at times this morning so the 1.41" in the Stratus seems reasonable. Dual pol precip estimates have 1.50"+ just to my NE.

Never had any heavy rates here... peaked at .23"/hr even though I was briefly under a red pixel.  

Dual pol shows 2.04" for me but I can't find any station with even half that amount locally.

Never had any heavy rates here... peaked at .23"/hr even though I was briefly under a red pixel.  

Dual pol shows 2.04" for me but I can't find any station with even half that amount locally.

Maybe some brightbanding contamination? I can't imagine those multiple inch estimates to my NW are real.

0.05" of your miserymist since my last post.

Was heading through this storm down the coast on a large boat - Mainly the 9th into the 10th along the mid-Atlantic. Had 40+ knot crosswinds whacking the hell out of the ship. Was pretty intense, and actually quite awesome. Bursts of 18 foot waves as well.

one would hope a weather geek took video of such an awesome adventure.

Archived