SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tracking hurricane Joaquin OTS

dailylurker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind the UKMET is a pretty skillful tropical track model, and was the BEST individual Global at 120 hours in 2014.  Really should get VASTLY more attention than the Canadian, unfortunately reverse seems to be true in a lot of the regional Joaquin threads (particularly further north filled with snow weenies).

Also in terms of individual models it shouldn't be a binary GFS/EC debate. Two out of three, including the UKMET, matters more.

Finally, the AEMI (average of the GFS ensembles) is more important than the OP GFS, and more accurate (and becoming increasingly more accurate).

I'm guessing power outages will be particularly bad with all the preceding rainfall.. the ground will be soaked by the time this thing rolls in... trees are going to go down a lot easier, I would think.

That's my point.  If this comes together with the left leaning track, a lot more people will be affected by

power failures than by wind.

If the Euro comes in like everything else NHC is going to have to make a drastic shift of their cone. Right now it looks like model consensus is the the left boundary.

NHC rarely makes big shifts. Doubt they would move all the way to a gfs type track.

Seems like the guidance overall is trending south, HRWF also took it a bit south at 06z. Would still be devastating.

We shouldn't be "rooting" for this storm. Let's be real, OTS would be the best scenario.

I don't think anyone's rooting for it, but I'll be the first to tell you that I'd much rather a different state get hit than my state getting the worst of it. I know that sounds terrible, and OTS would be ideal, but it feels like at this point, OTS is looking less and less likely...

I don't think anyone's rooting for it, but I'll be the first to tell you that I'd much rather a different state get hit than my state getting the worst of it. I know that sounds terrible, and OTS would be ideal, but it feels like at this point, OTS is looking less and less likely...

Nothings a lock yet. Yes, were seeing some consensus, but theres still a long way to go. OTS doesn't seem likely, but still plausible. 

Archived