Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
And we begin.....

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael Ventrice from WSI says the current snow over Eurasia is nothing too exciting...yet

Missing data from 2014 and 2010

8059fe0e8a726fba2c3d21a2056471a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V

There is something weird about those numbers... need the bounding box... does not align with the sat presentation currently.  For example, 2008, which it shows there to be on par with this year, but in the ssd snow archive appears not to be close.

Looks like we had better snow anomalies this time last year.

attachicon.gifd290_10172014.PNG

Last October had the 2nd highest anomalies of any year since records began...only October 1976 was higher. We won't match last year.

The SAI could still technically be higher though since last year stagnated a bit at the end of the month.

The overall pattern across  Siberia continues to evolve into what can only be  described  as n extremely favorable setup with regard to  producing significant snowfall over the  the last 12 days of the month.

To begin with  I wil  show the shift or change in the snowfall cover between October 18 and October 31.  As you can see this is a significant change south of 60° N latitude.   -- the thick black line that I have drawn in on both maps.

post-9415-0-03566000-1445292169_thumb.jp

Now lets show why the pattern is so favorable and why the snowfall forecast may be some what underdone  whe  we consider  the  500mb pattern

These first two maps represent the upper air pattern as of October 19 and October 22.  We can see two very large  ULL- Upper  level Lows  covering all of Central Russia  "b"  and Siberia (a) while to the north there is a RIDGE stream to the north of the  Northern Siberia Coast --over the  Asian side of the Arctic circle.  This is indeed a  REX BLOCK  pattern that I have  been talking about for some time.

By October 22 that next big system over Central Russia  "b"  is already driving into western Siberia but the large  ULL over central Siberia (a) is still moving rather slowly.  The close proximity of these two massive systems likely to bring about persistent areas of widespread heavy snowfall for several days and some of the snow will fall south of the 60° N latitude line.

post-9415-0-58084800-1445292177_thumb.jp

On October 23 the next day the  upper low that was over eastern Siberia (a)  has now moved into that Kamchatka  Peninsula while the system over South Central Russia  "b"   has rapidly intensify into a deep close up low moving along the Mongolian Siberia border.  And yet a new system has crossed the Urals and appears to be headed for central Siberia ©.

By October 25 the pattern is going well  absolutely fooking bonkers!!!   The intensifying upper low over Siberia and the north Manchuria border with China moves into the Sea of Japan and just south of  Kamchatka" 'b" .  The next big system up stream coming out of South Central Russia moves across Mongolia and Siberia   ©    border and it also intensifies but it begins to slow down significantly because of the system in the Sea of Japan!!   And further upstream ...there  is another large upper low with a very powerful surface reflection moving into western and central Siberia! (d)

post-9415-0-08701200-1445292183_thumb.jp

During the last several days October the impressive and very amplified pattern continues

The overall pattern across  Siberia continues to evolve into what can only be  described  as n extremely favorable setup with regard to  producing significant snowfall over the  the last 12 days of the month.

To begin with  I wil  show the shift or change in the snowfall cover between October 18 and October 31.  As you can see this is a significant change south of 60° N latitude.   -- the thick black line that I have drawn in on both maps.

Now lets show why the pattern is so favorable and why the snowfall forecast may be some what underdone  whe  we consider  the  500mb pattern

These first two maps represent the upper air pattern as of October 19 and October 22.  We can see two very large  ULL- Upper  level Lows  covering all of Central Russia ( B)  and Siberia (a) while to the north there is a RIDGE stream to the north of the  Northern Siberia Coast --over the  Asian side of the Arctic circle.  This is indeed a  REX BLOCK  pattern that I have  been talking about for some time.

By October 22 that next big system over Central Russia  ( B)  is already driving into western Siberia but the large  ULL over central Siberia (a) is still moving rather slowly.  The close proximity of these two massive systems likely to bring about persistent areas of widespread heavy snowfall for several days and some of the snow will fall south of the 60° N latitude line.

On October 23 the next day the  upper low that was over eastern Siberia (a)  has now moved into that Kamchatka  Peninsula while the system over South Central Russia  ( B) has rapidly intensify into a deep close up low moving along the Mongolian Siberia border.  And yet a new system has crossed the Urals and appears to be headed for central Siberia ©.

By October 25 the pattern is going well  absolutely fooking bonkers!!!   The intensifying upper low over Siberia and the north Manchuria border with China moves into the Sea of Japan and just south of  Kamchatka ( B) .  The next big system up stream coming out of South Central Russia moves across Mongolia and Siberia   ©    border and it also intensifies but it begins to slow down significantly because of the system in the Sea of Japan!!   And further upstream ...there  is another large upper low with a very powerful surface reflection moving into western and central Siberia! (d)

During the last several days October the impressive and very amplified pattern continues

Amazing write-up. So if Cohens theory is indeed correct this season will be an excellant test. A top 3 Nino pattern with Siberian snowcover at very high levels. Wonder which one will win out?

I know I've seen some talk wondering if Nuri screwed with things some last year. Well, there's a chance we may have a similar situation fairly soon with recurving Typhoon Champi. Pretty much all models are taking the former typhoon below 950 mb, and there are a few that take it below 920 mb. This is still 5-6 days out or so, so it could be something to keep an eye on.

it is clear you   either didnt  read  what I posted or you are just waaay  too   fooking  stupid to follow it

first off   I did not   BUY    anything   -- all I did was  post the image   as an alternative 

2nd  point you   a$$hole  I said  in the post above  3  times  IF IF IF

Now  you want back down    or do you want to tangle with me again? 

....because it's telling him what he wants to hear. The rest of the time it's sh*%. ;)

I    DID  says IF  IF   IF    like  3 times  above
I am pretty sure  posting out of the box  thinking is part of science...   whereas  GROUP  think ...is   quite harmful 

Certainly  we will know   by  thanksgiving-- IF  enso  34   has   flatline  at say  +2.2  or  +2.4  then that would mean

the  CFS is    correct.  if on the other hand     enso 34 is still rising  by  DEC 1     that says the warm  ENSO 3.4   ideas we are seeing on the last few runs of the IRI are correct

but for  ANYONE  to blindly assume  that because    the vast majority of  the model  data on these IRI plumes shows this  ....    it   MUST be correct .....without any testing or   verification  is     really  REALLY  piss  poor meteorology

how did  the  majority work of the model data  work out  there with Joaquin?
OR    the  "  certainty of  a warm winter in 2013-14  "   work out?  

That's right. But why buy the CFS over the multi-model ensemble (below)?

figure4.gif

it is clear you   either didnt  read  what I posted or you are just waaay  too   fooking  stupid to follow it

first off   I did not   BUY    anything   -- all I did was  post the image   as an alternative 

2nd  point you   a$$hole  I said  in the post above  3  times  IF IF IF

Now  you want back down    or do you want to tangle with me again? 

:lmao:

how did  the  majority work of the model data  work out  there with Joaquin?

About as well as going solely with NCEP model guidance worked out...

2ND Reason  WHY the cfs   might   MIGHT     MIGHT   be onto to something

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

I'm a layman so correct me if I'm wrong, but it sure looks to me like the first "peak" on those graphs is just a blip like those that occurred in both 97-98 and 82-83. It's hard for me to see two distinct peaks in 82-83 from that graph, either there are three or there is one. If this Nino peaked at the Dec/Jan line at 3.3 or so, it would appear on that graph like a very similar progression to 82-83 except a bit warmer and a month earlier. Granted, I'm just looking at squiggly lines on my computer screen.

JC  CT  well since I was  one for the  few mets  up and down the  east coast that   insisted that  Joaquin would NOT  hit
  the east coast 

About as well as going solely with NCEP model guidance worked out...

I'm a layman so correct me if I'm wrong, but it sure looks to me like the first "peak" on those graphs is just a blip like those that occurred in both 97-98 and 82-83. It's hard for me to see two distinct peaks in 82-83 from that graph, either there are three or there is one. If this Nino peaked at the Dec/Jan line at 3.3 or so, it would appear on that graph like a very similar progression to 82-83 except a bit warmer and a month earlier. Granted, I'm just looking at squiggly lines on my computer screen.

Archived