joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2015 General disco

Powerball

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When i took the dog out this morning it was like hitting a wall. My place was mild and still with the smell of spring in the air, as i crossed the park towards the lake it was like passing into a walk-in cooler, temps dropped 5-10 degrees in a couple feet and the air even smelled different. When i headed back to the apartment, the boundary hadn't moved a bit.

point raised to 83...probably gonna need to be within 50' of the water for cooling today.

Leaving for a 2-3 week road trip on Sunday.

Places to visit on the agenda include: Badlands National Park, Mt. Rushmore, Black Hills, Rocky Mountain National Park, Garden of the Gods, Wichita Mountains, New Orleans, Pensacola/Fort Walton Beach and Nashville. Will be visiting family in several locations as well along the way. Will also be doing some storm chasing along the way on days that warrant it.

The four arms of Long's Peak: Storm Peak, Mt. Lady Washington, Mt. Meeker, and Pagoda Mountain

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Estes+Park,+CO/@40.2566553,-105.6180313,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x876965d6bb191a03:0xdb9698b7a9caac0c!5m1!1e4

Leaving for a 2-3 week road trip on Sunday.

Places to visit on the agenda include: Badlands National Park, Mt. Rushmore, Black Hills, Rocky Mountain National Park, Garden of the Gods, Wichita Mountains, New Orleans, Pensacola/Fort Walton Beach and Nashville. Will be visiting family in several locations as well along the way. Will also be doing some storm chasing along the way on days that warrant it.

1otziq.jpg

Road trips like this are awesome....

Awesome mirage photo.

Pretty nice up in Racine. Low 60s within several blocks of the lake, near 70° on the west side of the city.

I see 74° with a SE wind at UGN. 80° another day I guess.

Numerous record high temperatures set or tied in Ohio and western Pennsylvania.

May 6, 2015

New Philadelphia, OH 86, old record 85 (1980)

May 7, 2015

New Philadephia, OH 89, old record 87 (1982)

Akron/Canton, OH 87, old record 87 (1936)

Columbus, OH 87, old record 87 (1936)

Dayton, OH 87, old record 87 (1926)

Mansfield, OH 86, old record 86 (1926)

Zanesville, OH 86, old record 86 (2000)

Youngstown, OH 85, old record 85 (2000)

Wheeling, WV 85, old record 81 (2012)

Dubois, PA 83, old record 83 (1979)

We got up to near 80, but clouds and rain kept us lower than areas farther east.  It has rained here every day since last Saturday.  Late this afternoon a potent cell moved over me and produced strong wind and heavy rain.  The 0.40" from this storm brings my week total to 2.02".  Sunday could be pretty active over here in Iowa.

86° in my point today and we could actually squeeze out an 88°. Mid July weather :sizzle:

FWA hit 86°, but my Davis recorded 88°. We'll call it a draw.

FWA missed the record by one degree. It was also 86° last year on this date.

Don't forget..this thing has a cold side:

FileL.png

The black hills, always some of the first and last folks to get big snows. Probably an interesting place to live considering they can be in the 80's and 90's a day before getting a legit snowstorm.

Archived