• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 2015 General disco

Powerball

The only trees that aren't in full bloom here are the youngins and two other types of mature/tall trees (which don't ever fully bloom until early June).

BTW, the same thing happened in March 2012. All it takes is an extended period of warmth/sunshine to get these trees to bloom out of nowhere.

I'm about 98% certain we're done with the snow/frost threats in the city/immediate metro area though, so I'm ok with the rapid bloom.

Yes there are a few types that havent bloomed or have really tiny leaves but I just meant in general.

I wonder if our trees grow slower up here due to a short growing season? Ive always wondered that. Say you have a maple tree in Atlanta, it'll be bare like 3 months. In Detroit that same tree is bare 6 months. Does it grow slower/less on a yearly basis here?

2012 was crazy. It was SO early. And the next 3 years have been somewhat later than normal (especially 2014).

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That cluster down by the border is trying to throw a wrench in things. But with our rain luck lately...

Yeah I have been watching that cluster on radarscope. I hope it runs out of gas though. They have the tarp on the field though.

post-55-0-11955700-1431299035_thumb.jpg

Picked up 0.26" of rain from a band of showers w/ isolated thunder this evening.  The system just didn't come together for this region, so instead of solid morning storms and then strong to severe evening storms, it was a dry morning and only light storms in the evening.  I was able to get some solid garden work done.  It appears we won't have to wait long for more chances of good storms.

I did get a heavy rain shower at about 4:30-5pm earlier today.

What about in YBY?

The ground was wet when I came home from getting a bite to eat with my mother and aunt, so I'm guessing we at least got something brief.

It's sprinking here now, but any downpour chances look to be pretty much withering away for downtown...at least for the time being.

Ok, I'm getting a pretty significant downpour with this little cell.

Too bad it will be brief.

Came through here just a few minutes ago.

So that's heavy rain shower #2 for the day/season. And, at least locally, we shouldn't have to worry about a true drought any time soon.

Picked up 0.26" of rain from a band of showers w/ isolated thunder this evening.  The system just didn't come together for this region, so instead of solid morning storms and then strong to severe evening storms, it was a dry morning and only light storms in the evening.  I was able to get some solid garden work done.  It appears we won't have to wait long for more chances of good storms.

Yeah, this week of expected rounds of t'storms was a bust here as well.  We had some nice downpours Wednesday morning, and some moderate rain on Friday evening, but that was about it for meaningful precip.  Tonight looks to finally be some isolated to scattered t'storms, if they don't break apart due to the stable and dreary marine air we've had all day (has not hit 50F today to my knowledge).

Fog all day today here. Had about 4 or 5 rumbles of thunder here and a wave of rain a few minutes ago. It did touch 50° today - 95% of the day in the 40s though.

Looks like the warm front is hung up from just north of Peoria to Kankakee currently.

Archived