• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2015 General disco

Powerball

Made it to 57° today. Filtered sun was the rule until mid afternoon before the rain moved in. Rain has stayed pretty light.

Green up still ongoing in this local forest.

post-7-0-11156400-1431660908.jpg

Interesting clouds right before the rain started.

post-7-0-97331600-1431660927.jpg

Big difference in the vegetation as compared to here. Leaves are all out and the woods floor growth is so thick that I'm done hunting morels. The cloud formation almost looks like undulatus asperatus, except they're pretty high based, at least from looking at them in a picture.

A nice, soaking rain shower here this morning, which will put my mower into overtime. Could see an isolated strong storm across the area this afternoon. Nothing to really trigger anything until this evening (unless this morning's rain laid out some boundaries) and shear looks to be anemic, but CAPE is more than sufficient, especially if you believe the NAM.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big difference in the vegetation as compared to here. Leaves are all out and the woods floor growth is so thick that I'm done hunting morels. The cloud formation almost looks like undulatus asperatus, except they're pretty high based, at least from looking at them in a picture.

A nice, soaking rain shower here this morning, which will put my mower into overtime. Could see an isolated strong storm across the area this afternoon. Nothing to really trigger anything until this evening (unless this morning's rain laid out some boundaries) and shear looks to be anemic, but CAPE is more than sufficient, especially if you believe the NAM.

They did look like asperatus. They seems more pronounced just before I stopped and took the photo. Within ten minutes it started raining and they disappeared with lower clouds moving in. They were definitely mid level.

I figure most trees; except Oaks and the real hardwoods, will push their leaves out all the way this weekend.

Mild morning here.

Made it to 57° today. Filtered sun was the rule until mid afternoon before the rain moved in. Rain has stayed pretty light.

Green up still ongoing in this local forest.

post-7-0-11156400-1431660908.jpg

That's a great pic of the woods there.  Nice and green.

Just took this off my back deck.  Unfortunately the green up isn't nearly as far along up here.  Did have .13" of rain overnight and early today.

That's a great pic of the woods there.  Nice and green.

Just took this off my back deck.  Unfortunately the green up isn't nearly as far along up here.  Did have .13" of rain overnight and early today.

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

Yeah you have a little ways to go yet. I'm sure once sustained warmth arrives the green up will be pretty fast.

0.13" of rain here also overnight.

Nice warm evening. Was slow to warm up.

Temps have a fair chance of busting tomorrow, between first the low clouds/fog (possible convection as well?) early in the day then convection the Hi-Res models show developing in the afternoon.

Should still get into the 70s, but 80*F+ may be difficult to achieve.

All of the Hi-Res models continue to develop convection between M-59 and I-94 this afternoon.

Still stuck under low clouds and the east wind lake shadow right now though, so I doubt anything happens locally other than more heavy rain showers (like last weekend).

Detroit only made it to 77*F, which is actually lower than the high yesterday, lol. DEfinitely an underachiever, as highs in the low 80s were forecasted.

Hardly any breaks in the cloud cover. Did see a heavy rain shower this morning though.

Today was really a picture perfect late spring day, a ton of haze considering the dewpoint depressions weren't that small.  Still, mid to upper 60s with dews in the upper 50s and sun made for a 10/10 weather day, only a late day storm or two would've made it better.  Tomorrow looks to be interesting from a storm perspective, it's been over a month since I've heard thunder, so it would be disappointing if we don't at least get a garden variety storm.

Today was a super nice day! Not much rain though - 0.02". SE breeze had the fog near the lake shore when I was down there earlier in the day. High of 73°.

Few pictures from the prairies near the state line.

10012890_10206949767249589_8477293031115

Can see the fog in the background here.

11262439_10206949770089660_7377038821080

White Trillium were dotting the forest floor in the area.

11206649_10206949769649649_5786738438496

Today was a super nice day! Not much rain though - 0.02". SE breeze had the fog near the lake shore when I was down there earlier in the day. High of 73°.

Few pictures from the prairies near the state line.

10012890_10206949767249589_8477293031115

Can see the fog in the background here.

11262439_10206949770089660_7377038821080

White Trillium were dotting the forest floor in the area.

11206649_10206949769649649_5786738438496

Very nice pics Geos.  

Looks like we have a shot of staying completely dry today.  Best shot for storms looks to be east of here along the convergent wind zone where the SSE meets the SSW winds.  Some sort of prefrontal trough I'm guessing.  Storm speeds today will probably be over 50mph, so I'm not gonna waste my time.  Tired of chasing supersonic storms lol.  

Archived