• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2015 General disco

Powerball

Brrrr! Here's a listing of the coldest temperatures reported as of 530 am this morning:

18 - Doe Lake (8 SSW Wetmore)
19 - Spincich Lake (9 NW Newberry)
20 - Stonington (2 SE Rapid River)...
22 - High Bridge (7 SW Steuben)
22 - 8 N Kenton
23 - Chatham
24 - 6 ESE Wakefield
24 - Peavy Falls

My low was 26.  Lets close the book on this cold stuff for a few months.  It's beginning to cut into my Summer!

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impressive cold for so late in the year.  I hope nothing was blooming/or leafed out in any area that was below 25F. 

Clouds saved us over here...and today looks like a turd because of them. 

I've been seeing a hummingbird in my yard..possibly has a nest in the area...  A robin has a nest just outside the window and there are 4 almost ready to fly babies in it (they hardly fit). 

Impressive cold for so late in the year.  I hope nothing was blooming/or leafed out in any area that was below 25F. 

Clouds saved us over here...and today looks like a turd because of them. 

I've been seeing a hummingbird in my yard..possibly has a nest in the area...  A robin has a nest just outside the window and there are 4 almost ready to fly babies in it (they hardly fit). 

There's minimal blooming and leaf out so I think things are ok.  Our frost/freeze products haven't even started.

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
0426 PM EDT WED MAY 20 2015

...RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE SET AT FORT WAYNE...

A RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE OF 36 DEGREES WAS SET AT FORT WAYNE TODAY.
THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 36 SET IN 1968.

Oh man MD 20/20. There is a bottle of that in my grandparents garage fridge that has been there for at least 15 years. I am pretty sure that would make you go blind if you drank it at this point.

So you're saying its good stuff.  I'll add it to my summer party list :tomato:

Sunday looks like a washout around here. 

After a couple pretty cool and one downright cold day, we will be rewarded with three top-notch days through Saturday.  Locals have low 70s in the forecast for Sunday, but the Euro continues to insist on Sunday being an all-day washout with a temp stuck near 60.  We've only been getting a little rain here and there the last couple weeks, so a soaking 1+ inch rainfall wouldn't be a bad thing.

Archived