joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2015 General disco

Powerball

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that white nose disease is the one I remember hearing about.  I think they even closed Maquoketa Caves in Iowa for awhile because of it.  

Pretty impressive wind chills for a mid-May afternoon up north.

2lu5qfm.jpg

42,low, dark overcast and mist makes it feel even colder here.  There's almost that late fall smell of snow in the air if anyone gets that.  rain should changeover to snow from west to east this evening... maybe some grassy accums overnight. 

42,low, dark overcast and mist makes it feel even colder here.  There's almost that late fall smell of snow in the air if anyone gets that.  rain should changeover to snow from west to east this evening... maybe some grassy accums overnight. 

That's quite the pocket of cold air up north.  Huge temp spread across the sub this afternoon.  Michigan and Indiana are baking in the 80s, 60s here, low 40s in north Iowa, and 30s in western/northern Minnie with a few flurries reported.  

That's quite the pocket of cold air up north.  Huge temp spread across the sub this afternoon.  Michigan and Indiana are baking in the 80s, 60s here, low 40s in north Iowa, and 30s in western/northern Minnie with a few flurries reported.  

exactly, from late fall to mid summer in a short span... pretty impressive!

Thanks for the picture comments! ...

Great farm sunset shot Cyclone. You were definitely in the right place at the right time there.

Yeah that white nose syndrome that the bats have been getting in the eastern US has been going on since 2009 at least. I remember hearing about it in TN when I visited in 2010. A lot of show caves were closed to visitors due to the fear that the fungus could come in on peoples shoes/clothes and spread to the bats. 

Noticed an increase in the gnats as well in the last three days. They seem to like it by my pond!

Been near or above 70° all day, but now it's starting to drop outside.

That bat disease is in Wisconsin now and is spreading across many counties.  Just read a story about it.  Too bad.  I like bats/don't like mosquitoes.

Today was pretty ugly...  windy/cold/very fall like.   Temp in the house dropped from 78F last night to 70F this afternoon...  i hope she holds because the furnace season is suppose to be done.

Just took this shot of the storm moving over the air field.attachicon.gif20150518_203531.jpg

10 minutes later here is the back side of the stormattachicon.gif20150518_204822.jpgattachicon.gif20150518_204827.jpg

It just rolled through my neighborhood moments ago. Bright orange sky right beforehand, then the heaviest downpours of the season with some 45 mph gusts, plenty of thunder and lightning... awesome way to end the evening.

Looks like I was on the far northern fringe of it, but enough to get into the thick of things.

Awesome storm rolled through here in Wayne County. Easily the best of the season so far. A+ for a garden variety storm.

Glad I wasn't alone in thinking that... I was afraid my bar was just set really low by this season so far.

Still producing massive amounts of lightning and thunder right now as it rolls off into the distance.

29 and snowing this morning. Looks like it's sticking to most everything from what I can tell.

oh well, should be 60 tomorrow

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1919.JPG

I wouldn't have even guessed you would see snow this late! Amazing~

It's like you have a mountain climate almost!

A relatively balmy 48° here.

29 and snowing this morning. Looks like it's sticking to most everything from what I can tell.

oh well, should be 60 tomorrow.

Great pics Bo, the only reason I checked back on this thread was to see if you had some lake effect snow pics! It looks to be a long boring few more days for the lakes area weather wise, then maybe we can score some good t-storms next week. :)

I wouldn't have even guessed you would see snow this late! Amazing~

It's like you have a mountain climate almost!

A relatively balmy 48° here.

Actually, on the May 16th last year, this area had 3-5" of snow.  It's not real often you see that much this late, but some snow this late isn't really all that rare here.

The sharp elevation rise from Superior to my area plays a huge role in my weather.  bout a 1000' foot rise in 6-7 miles. 

Very unique climate here for sure.  Still learning it too.

Ended up with just under an inch of snow today.  Current temp of 37 is also they high.  Just a pretty nasty , raw day for May.

That picture at DTW is sweet. I bet it looked that way here, as I saw the yellow-ish tint in the sky out of the corner of my eye, but was too lazy to look out the window further. Got 0.34" of rain with that quick but heavy storm.

Awesome snow in the UP bo!

Thx Josh :)

Great pics Bo, the only reason I checked back on this thread was to see if you had some lake effect snow pics! It looks to be a long boring few more days for the lakes area weather wise, then maybe we can score some good t-storms next week. :)

I'll take the boring weather for a few days, I need to get some things done outside.  Have already tapped into next seasons wood supply a little, so gonna cut up some fallen trees and beef up my supply some more.

A little late to the show, but nice picture Stebo.

We had almost the same scenario here last evening. I was just south of town and it was pouring buckets while the sun was shining. I got back home and we only had .02" of rain here in town.

These past few windy days have been hell on the grass seed I tossed down. I tried to use one of those "seed mats", and it blew away. So I changed to this mix where the color of the fertilizer/mulch blend changes color to indicate if it needs watered. Watered 3 times today under mostly cloudy and light winds. Anyone with any tired and true grass growing tips?

I know Stebo was joking about how Detroit had become Denver early this spring with the extremely cool and arid atmosphere, but now it REALLY feels like Denver with this weird "80's, then frost" pattern we've been in...minus the fact it has been very humid lately.

Saginaw might get a freeze tonight after being 85 degrees yesterday. Thankfully only upper 30's seem managable here in the I-94 corridor.

Archived