joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2015 General disco

Powerball

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe what I just saw. I heard a roaring sound and looked out my back window and saw a small tornadic spinup cross a retention pond behind my house. There were pieces of Bradford Pear trees getting lofted and swirling around in the air. Lots of vegetative debris plastered against houses and vehicles flipped in a parking lot down the street from my neighborhood.

Had some sun and now getting a squall-like shower passing overhead.

Wow - Buckeye! Sounds like you just went through quite a storm. Any warning on that storm?

None at all.

Just did a drive around. Narrow swath of EF0-ish damage through mainly residential areas. Worst damage I saw was in the K-mart parking lot. Lots of vehicles moved and tossed around and shredded building awnings. There was also a large metal light pole partially bend over with the concrete base slightly leveraged out of the ground. 

None at all.

Just did a drive around. Narrow swath of EF0-ish damage through mainly residential areas. Worst damage I saw was in the K-mart parking lot. Lots of vehicles moved and tossed around and shredded building awnings. There was also a large metal light pole partially bend over with the concrete base slightly leveraged out of the ground. 

My dad lives just on the other side of county line Rd by that K-Mart and i live a couple miles NNW of there, There was a blue truck up against a building that they said was picked up and blew 100 yards to that building. Way too close for comfort.

I got a couple of rumbles, a lot of wind, but mostly it was a graze-job. The worst of it skirted to the northwest.

You did better than me with your rumbles.

Yet another goose egg here on that front. Just another heavy rain shower (wind-driven).

Beautiful evening out there now. Dropping dewpoints on a westerly breeze, high 60s.

0.42" of rain today. Almost up to the foot mark for the year.

Sucks having LOT and MKX's radars down currently.../or severely delayed.

Beautiful evening out there now. Dropping dewpoints on a westerly breeze, high 60s.

0.42" of rain today. Almost up to the foot mark for the year.

Sucks having LOT and MKX's radars down currently.../or severely delayed.

Are they being upgraded?  Seems like a bad time of year to have them off line...  tornado prime time season is coming up for these parts.

Are they being upgraded?  Seems like a bad time of year to have them off line...  tornado prime time season is coming up for these parts.

They went through the dual polarization upgrade last year. There back to updating regularly now.

Been watching these cells moving in the southwest flow this evening.

Everything is so lush from the rains this month.

^Nice pics.

Had some thunderless convective downpours around early this evening.  Same ones that spawned numerous funnels in central Iowa earlier this afternoon.  

Had to go back to that barn I nabbed with the cell phone a few weeks ago with the better camera.  Wasn't as cool a scene as that night, but took a few pics anyway.

144d0qs.jpg

^Nice pics.

Had some thunderless convective downpours around early this evening.  Same ones that spawned numerous funnels in central Iowa earlier this afternoon.  

Had to go back to that barn I nabbed with the cell phone a few weeks ago with the better camera.  Wasn't as cool a scene as that night, but took a few pics anyway.

144d0qs.jpg

That is awesome!!

I forgot I took a few more from last weekend from a pretty intense cell that moved across the Lake. It became severe warned shortly after it went over land.

DGyJ5Pw.jpg

1rFaTk0.jpg

Very awesome shots Buffalo! Really like that one you posted this morning of just the water and the rain shafts coming down.

Wouldn't have guessed that ice would still be present this late in the season at Niagara Falls. I imagine last year it lasted just as long if not longer...?

Off and on showers today, mostly cloudy. Picked up another 0.22" of rain over night and then some after 7am.

Thanks guys! A few decent t-storms moving through now, nothing severe though. Loving the heat and humidity though.

Late to the party, but cool pics. Even though the wife and I visited the last summer, I would definitely go back again. Niagara Falls and Buffalo is a great area to visit.

Archived