• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2015 General disco

Powerball

Well it always seems like there's one final cold shot that takes place this time of year. That being said mid 50s is pretty extreme

Sent from my iPhone

KTOL got 2.52" event total, according to METARs.  Local area CoCoRAHS totals near Toledo are not all that close to that value as of 7 AM local time, but then again, it rained 0.84" since 7 AM. This is a very high rain total for one day in Toledo, seeing as how Toledo doesn't tend to extremes in the precipitation department.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish DTX would decide on a frost advisory or not IMBY! GRR put out frost advisories around 3am this morning for the counties just west of me for tonight, and the Gaylord weather service has freeze warnings 2 counties north of me. I spent 45mins covering my garden plants up a couple hours ago, It might only get down to 37 here tonight, but too close to not take it seriously...

EDIT:  I edited your first sentence  Bashing NWS mets is unacceptable. jburns

I wish DTX would decide on a frost advisory or not IMBY! GRR put out frost advisories around 3am this morning for the counties just west of me for tonight, and the Gaylord weather service has freeze warnings 2 counties north of me. I spent 45mins covering my garden plants up a couple hours ago, It might only get down to 37 here tonight, but too close to not take it seriously...

EDIT:  I edited your first sentence  Bashing NWS mets is unacceptable. jburns

Thanks so much for editing my post, I am really glad there is no freedom of speech here or in this country anymore, I cannot thank you enough mr hero!

Thanks so much for editing my post, I am really glad there is no freedom of speech here or in this country anymore, I cannot thank you enough mr hero!

Smoof, you could've made your point in a more diplomatic way.

I don't have a garden or anything but if it were me, I would've done what you did just to be on the safe side. We've all seen plenty of instances where temps get colder than forecast, and then you might be in trouble.

NW Ohio and NE Indiana may finally get a very rainy day. the 12km NAM shows 2.5" to 3.5" for Toledo-Fort Wayne for this upcoming storm. SREF max accumulation is about 4.4" for Toledo and Fort Wayne.

I've caught 3.64" in Huntington and FWA has 3.16" for the month. I don't know what the NAM has been smoking, but I'd buy 1.5" total.

Meanwhile, IND has been pretty dry in the month of May, recording only 1.09" of rain. This would be good for their 8th driest May, except they will probably double their monthly total tomorrow.

Time to man up and eat some crow. There are some very impressive rainfall totals out there, including TOL. FWA and Huntington actually had some of the lower totals in Northern Indiana, 1.85" and 0.99" respectively. 104 Indiana CoCoRaHS stations reported 2"+.

KTOL got 2.52" event total, according to METARs.  Local area CoCoRAHS totals near Toledo are not all that close to that value as of 7 AM local time, but then again, it rained 0.84" since 7 AM. This is a very high rain total for one day in Toledo, seeing as how Toledo doesn't tend to extremes in the precipitation department.

We had just under 2.0" in the gauge at work this morning, and I left in the middle of heavy rain at 10:30AM. So it was pretty widespread across northwest Ohio from what I can tell. 

Is it just me, or did you not post at all last winter? Nice to read you again AppsRunner.

I did post, just not in this subforum. I go to college at SUNY Oswego as a met. major, so I was up there most of the winter. When I was home during breaks I was just too busy to post here. Either way it's good to be back, although I'll be traveling during a lot of the summer. Expect lots of severe weather while I'll be gone! 

Already down to 42 after a high of 46 under full sun.  Worked outside all day and it was comfortable and there weren't too many bugs but I did notice the mosquito's had hoodies on.  Night 2 with a freeze warning.  Good thing I haven't planted anything yet.  Gonna do just flowers this year... too many deer, and growing season at my specific location is only around 80 days on average.

Looks like a nice week weather wise coming up.

We had just under 2.0" in the gauge at work this morning, and I left in the middle of heavy rain at 10:30AM. So it was pretty widespread across northwest Ohio from what I can tell. 

I did post, just not in this subforum. I go to college at SUNY Oswego as a met. major, so I was up there most of the winter. When I was home during breaks I was just too busy to post here. Either way it's good to be back, although I'll be traveling during a lot of the summer. Expect lots of severe weather while I'll be gone! 

Congrats and pursuing your passion and congrats on picking such a snowy locale. Experience any 2+ footer LES events?

The sun did make things better today, but the wind took away any warmth. Only made 54°.

Sub 50° waters dominate Lake MI now.

mswt-00.gif

Average mean running just a hair under what they were last year at this time.

avgtemps-m-5-yr.gif

Congrats and pursuing your passion and congrats on picking such a snowy locale. Experience any 2+ footer LES events?

The highest I saw was 12" in about 5 hours. Highest synoptic total around 12-16" during finals week. It just snows every single day. I'm working on some lake effect snow research that may actually be fairly worthwhile down the road, but there's a lot of work left to do.

An overall wet and slightly above normal month here. Better than 4" of rain, which is more typical of the summer months.

If it wasn't for that 70° early Saturday morning the departure would have been closer to 0.5° ~given a 50° high of so.

post-7-0-99715400-1433212560.png

Archived