Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 2015 General disco

Powerball

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've caught 3.64" in Huntington and FWA has 3.16" for the month. I don't know what the NAM has been smoking, but I'd buy 1.5" total.

Meanwhile, IND has been pretty dry in the month of May, recording only 1.09" of rain. This would be good for their 8th driest May, except they will probably double their monthly total tomorrow.

Almost exactly doubled in 7 hours, IND reported 1.10" for the day.

Sun has gone behind the hill, and it's already down to 38.  Gonna be a damn cold night.  Got a nice fire going and sipping on a sweet red wine.  Might as well be late October.

I thought the 30's in late May called for a dry white. At least you're warm and cozy.

Almost exactly doubled in 7 hours, IND reported 1.10" for the day.

1.28" for the day through 10:00pm, up to 2.37" for the month. Currently the 32nd driest May on record. Dust Bowl II delayed/cancel?

Monsoon rains for a time here earlier today. LAF must still have the lid on the bucket, only at 0.96" total through the top of the hour. I'll take the over for all the other local observers.

Regardless, down to 54˚ at 10:00pm and still raining. A bit of a change from the relatively warm/muggy conditions from earlier today. Refreshing I say. :)

More thunder-less heavy rain showers here. The wind shift and radar/satellite trends suggest that will be it.

On the plus side, the high did get up to about 82*F.

Official high was actually 83*F, and the official low was 71*F.

A very July-like day given way to an awful October/November-like day...

I have 3.46" in my tippy bucket as a storm total from all day yesterday and last night. Seems quite high when compared to the radar estimates. When one of the red cells was overhead last night, took a lightning strike awefully close. So close I heard the snap before the boom.

We actually popped to 67F yesterday (didn't feel like it) around 4pm...  it cleared out enough where it was sunny last evening..but chilly (at least compared to the 80Fs and humid)....

Looks like one spot in Wisconsin dipped to 29F up north...  Hayward was 30F...  my local cold spot Sparta was 35F. 

Should warm up pretty quick with almost June sun and clear skies this morning. 

I have 3.46" in my tippy bucket as a storm total from all day yesterday and last night. Seems quite high when compared to the radar estimates. When one of the red cells was overhead last night, took a lightning strike awefully close. So close I heard the snap before the boom.

Jackpot. Or pretty close to it anyway.  :)

Currently 53˚ here with driving sheet drizzle. Hell of a way to end the month of May.

Yep, you're right. Ugh!!!  :thumbsdown: 

Based on my estimate for today (im estimating a high of 54 and low of 46), today will be a departure of -15F (even though the high would be -21F), but it will still be the 8th warmest May on record. Had today been a seasonable day, it would be the 6th warmest May on record, so we only lost 2 spots.

On November 30th, the daily depature of +16F helped November become the 13th coldest Nov on record, whereas a seasonable day would have made it the 8th coldest.

Sometimes its all how closely the coldest/warmest lists are clustered.

Warmer than normal months have been scarce since the start of 2013, but each of the Mays in this time frame have been warmer than normal (with 2013 & 2015 placing in the top 20).

Archived