joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2015 General disco

Powerball

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made it to 71° here today. Mostly sunny all day - beautiful. Precip chances up to 60% for tomorrow and Monday now.

Last Memorial Day was 84° with scattered storms. Looks like it will be fairly similar... maybe a few degree cooler.

Just as a statistical note, this will be the 4th out of the past 5 Memorial Days in Detroit to feature above normal temps and 80*F+ highs...

2013 was the only year in which Memorial Day wasn't a "torch."

interesting. Though we are at that time of year when 80 isnt really a torch. Cant believe how time flies, its late May. And with my absolute hatred of spring, I must say im thrilled that summer is about here!

Stayed mostly cloudy today but still managed mid 70's.  Should see a nice soaking rain later tonight into tomorrow.

Working on building a woodshed this weekend but the bugs are so bad I can't even describe it.  There's 50-100 swarming my face all the time.  I'm about to go mad I think.

With 2 freezes (down to 26 both times) and a snow in the past week, you'd think that would have knock them down a bit, but no.

Man... I was hoping for rain and some relief from the humidiy. Looking at radar, I'm now going on 0/2 for the rainy week that was predicted. A couple drops here at 1 AM, the wind is going strong near 20 mph, but no soaker like I thought I was going to get. Memorial day garden watering, here I come.

Man... I was hoping for rain and some relief from the humidiy. Looking at radar, I'm now going on 0/2 for the rainy week that was predicted. A couple drops here at 1 AM, the wind is going strong near 20 mph, but no soaker like I thought I was going to get. Memorial day garden watering, here I come.

Same problem up here. The pattern has been fairly active, but any substantial rain continues to find a way to elude my backyard. Just 7.07" of precip. since Jan 1! That's remarkable aridity considering we're a month and change away from the half-way pole of the year.

Grass is getting that mid-July look to it already.

The second and third waves of precip last evening and this morning were both weaker than what the models suggested.  They only added another 0.12" to my total, bringing me up to 0.84".  It's not a bad total, but it has been a rather blah system.

There is a shot of a few storms later today once we clear out somewhat and heat up.

Today was a nice day. A little cloudy for my taste, but I missed out on any sprinkles. I think I felt like one or two drops.

Still very warm at 70 as of midnight.

Got a ton of sprinkles here. Nothing really to dampen the ground, but enough to use the windshield wipers a few times. 

WE could have a conditional severe weather threat tomorrow if there's enough daytime heating and instability built up.

The shortwave currently headed into Dallas looks to move across Lake Michigan tomorrow afternoon. There's a modest LLJ with it and the winds end up backing some.

Pattern looks warm overall...wouldn't be surprised if we get our first 90 of the season in the next 10 days.

Yep. 850mb temps and thickness values through the long range don't support highs lower than the 70s here, but of course how that translates at the surface depends on cloud/precipitation coverage.

Archived