• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WXMal4
    Newest Member
    WXMal4
Powerball

May 2015 General disco

Yeah, I think you recognize that's not a complaint.

Sorry, but after the extreme cold we had this past Winter and the *blah!* Spring we've had to-date, I just want to enjoy Summer-like weather and not even hear a word about next Winter yet...

Looks like a great weekend on top to start the month. Highs of 68F and 72F for Saturday and Sunday respectively in the forecast. This week is shaping up to be the nicest stretch of weather for 2015.

This almost looks like a bonafide "typical" winter Nino signal with warmer than average north/cooler than average south.  We'll see how it unfolds.

post-14-0-92234000-1430406113_thumb.gif

Looks like lots of 70F and 50Fs at nite with chances for rain....  at least for the first 7 to 10 days of the month...a couple of 80Fs this weekend to start it off..  not too bad.  Vegetation should move very quick.  I"m planting out some tender stuff...screw it.

Had a chilly morning with patchy frost - early. Sitting in the upper 50s with nearly full sun.

Made it to 60° today. Stayed sunny till late in the day. Leaves on the trees will be pushing out in full force this weekend for sure!

Picture perfect start to May in southeastern Michigan. 71 at City Airport, 75 at Metro Airport, 74 at my place with just a few scattered clouds. May (no pun intended) this be a preview of the rest of the month.

Picture perfect start to May in southeastern Michigan. 71 at City Airport, 75 at Metro Airport, 74 at my place with just a few scattered clouds. May (no pun intended) this be a preview of the rest of the month.

Yeah with a bit of storms mixed in. I do think Sunday has a shot at overachieving to 80 especially considering today was supposed to only be 70, the 850 mb temps look to be 3c warmer on Sunday too.

Yeah with a bit of storms mixed in. I do think Sunday has a shot at overachieving to 80 especially considering today was supposed to only be 70, the 850 mb temps look to be 3c warmer on Sunday too.

Definitely with some storms mixed in. Thankfully that looks to possibly ramp up a bit next week too.

One of the strangest advisories ever issued by EC

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT  
ISSUED BY ENVIRONMENT CANADA  
AT 3:51 AM EDT SATURDAY 2 MAY 2015.  
---------------------------------------------------------------------  
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT FOR:  
=NEW= METRO MONTREAL - LAVAL  
=NEW= VAUDREUIL - SOULANGES - HUNTINGDON  
=NEW= RICHELIEU VALLEY - SAINT-HYACINTHE  
=NEW= LANAUDIERE  
=NEW= LACHUTE - SAINT-JEROME  
=NEW= LAURENTIANS  
=NEW= UPPER GATINEAU - LIEVRE - PAPINEAU.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------  
==DISCUSSION==  
RISK OF DUST DEVILS TODAY.  

SUNNY AND VERY DRY WEATHER, ALONG WITH UNSTABLE SPRING AIR AND LIGHT  
WINDS COULD LEAD TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF ISOLATED DUST DEVILS OVER  
SOUTHWESTERN QUEBEC THIS AFTERNOON.  

DUST DEVILS ARE RAPIDLY ROTATING COLUMNS OF AIR THAT RAISE DUST.  
THESE COLUMNS COULD HAVE UP TO A FEW TENS OF METRES IN DIAMETER AND  
BE ACCOMPANIED BY GUSTS UPWARDS OF 80 KM/H THAT COULD PRODUCE SOME  
DAMAGES.  

PLEASE REFER TO THE LATEST FORECASTS AND WARNINGS ISSUED BY  
ENVIRONMENT CANADA AT: WWW.WEATHEROFFICE.GC.CA.  

END  

CFS did an unusually stellar job with April, and it's forecasting a solid torch for May, so hopefully it's right again.

One of the strangest advisories ever issued by EC

maybe an intern from mcgill who went weenie on the st lawrence seaway? about the only explanation i could give for that, as usually the montreal office is one of the better ones.

as for tomorrow though, it's actually looking like it could shape up to be an interesting day with that cold front getting some support. outbreak weather, probably not. But some high gusts, downpours and hail, definitely possible, with the breeding ground for the t-storms being near an DLH/STC/RWF line. mid to late afternoon.

Pretty good shot at convection tomorrow, but I'll be happy with plain old rain. We need it badly. I can't recall a spring where I had difficulty getting the grass to green up. The next 7 days look like we will be putting a decent dent in the drought.

It’s nice watching golf being played in crappy weather while enjoying perfect weather. Usually it’s the other way around. :pimp: