joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2015 General disco

Powerball

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time I was on the road around midday Thursday, only the earliest blooming trees were starting to leaf out. This morning just about every tree, shrub or bush is either in full bloom or leafing out. Extremely rapid greening going on right now.

Elevated storms south of the QC crapping the bed as they approach.  Was hoping for another lightning op tonight, but not as confident as I was the last few days.

I wouldn't completely rule out the storm chance yet, seems like there are some pop up storms south of DSM moving ENE.

Storms mushed out as expected. Did have a few slow rumbles of thunder, but no CG action. Turned out to be a pretty lame evening, which is disappointing as tonight was looking pretty decent for days for some solid boomers.

Seems dekalb has been a ctg and boomer magnet lately. Just had another solid storm roll through. Not a ton of rain, but enough that I won't have to water the grass seedlings tomorrow.

Alek's hood seeing some rumblers as an alarm clock.  Haven't checked the ol' gauge yet, but at least 0.50" between yesterday morning and early this morning should knock back the drier than normal conditions and help my morels finally pop.

EDIT: 0.57" as of 7 AM

We have had a few rumbles of thunder this spring. But thats about it. The largest rain event has been 0.67". The largest precipitation event of the year, by far, has been the Superbowl snowstorm when the 16.5" of snow melted down to 1.08" liquid. People always joke about nickel and dime in winter, i cant recall a similar year where we haven't had a rain event of at least 3/4 inch by early May.

We have had a few rumbles of thunder this spring. But thats about it. The largest rain event has been 0.67". The largest precipitation event of the year, by far, has been the Superbowl snowstorm when the 16.5" of snow melted down to 1.08" liquid. People always joke about nickel and dime in winter, i cant recall a similar year where we haven't had a rain event of at least 3/4 inch by early May.

winter is over, bro

check back in 7 months

Archived