joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2015 General disco

Powerball

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Light fog right along the lake. Looks like a repeat tonight with the fog.

@ DLL - I passed through the Big Horns in late August a long time ago and it was threatening to snow at that time of year (mid 30s with rain and sleet)! You get up to Glacier or the Canadian Rockies - the highest peaks have seen snow every month of the year before. 

Drive to the top of Mt Evans outside Denver..the road goes above 14,000 feet...my car had no power by the time we got up there...   It was 80Fs in Denver in mid 40Fs up there .  Snow was in spots.  That was back in 01 or 02 when the fires were burning down half the state...you could see the smoke.  Every morning there would be a coating on the car.  I loved Colorado and plan on going back. It may have changed now, but everyone out there seemed so "fit" ...old dudes biking up mountain roads...runners...i guess in that climate (dry/sunny/warm) its easy to get out ..especially in the mountains where its cooler.

Hot here...sunshine the past hour and temps have rocketed...humid too.

Watch out...i was in the Big Horn Mtns (east of Yellowstone) in June and we ended up in a snowstorm (before i read weather maps/afds)...this was the same day of the tornado outbreak in South Dakota....June 24, 2003 i think...

gettingout.jpg

It was weird...when we left that morning we had snow...by late that afternoon it was 80F and humid (as we crossed he MO River in South Dakota).

We drove around 2000 miles in a couple days...ugh...not sure i could pull that off now.

Now that sounds like an awesome experience. Snow in June, not something I'd ever expect to see under normal circumstances.

I had 77F in the van about an hour ago...  might have sneaked in an 80F.  Losing the sunshine now to high thin clouds...rain over Iowa moving north.  Dew point up to 60F which i think is the first time this year.

There are areas like Leadville, CO where its 30Fs even in July..  That would be nuts. 

I like Monday locally so far. Sunday could be sneaky depending where the cold front stalls out Saturday.

The key will be the low track.

We need to front to stay overhead or north of us through the weekend for the low to go NW of us...

If the low goes through OH/IN or track overhead, then forget it.

Today was a sneaky beautiful day. Started out looking like clouds would win out, but they've been minimal all afternoon outside of some hazy high stuff. 72 at Metro, a little cooler here closer to the water but we still topped 70.

Next 3 days should be in the 80's.

Woke up to 0.81" in the ol' rain gauge, 24 hour total. Every drop of it was welcome. Looks like DTW picked up well over an inch, whereas City Airport only had 0.61".

Looking forward to some near record highs on Friday. :sun:

Wow we got way more here. The 1.08" of melted-down snow from Feb 1-2 has finally be dethroned by an actual rain event. Picked up 1.59" imby. This is nearly an inch more than the next highest rain event of 2015!

Archived