• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2015 General disco

Powerball

Some spring shots from the beginning of May in SE Michigan. Though spring is my least favorite season, those few days where you get to enjoy everything flowering under blue skies is quite a pretty sight.

The trees are blooming quickly, though it would appear we are a bit behind some in the western part of the subforum per some posts (surprised cyclone hasnt taken any spring shots ;)).

4389-800.jpg

4390-800.jpg

4391-800.jpg

4392-800.jpg

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some spring shots from the beginning of May in SE Michigan. Though spring is my least favorite season, those few days where you get to enjoy everything flowering under blue skies is quite a pretty sight.

The trees are blooming quickly, though it would appear we are a bit behind some in the western part of the subforum per some posts (surprised cyclone hasnt taken any spring shots ;)).

^Nice pics.   :thumbsup:

Yeah haven't done too much shooting lately.  Probably should have taken some flowering tree shots.  Been some really nice bloomage this spring.

Did shoot this pic a few nights ago.  Nothing special, just a sunset over an open farm field.  

2eoehwz.jpg

^Nice pics.   :thumbsup:

Yeah haven't done too much shooting lately.  Probably should have taken some flowering tree shots.  Been some really nice bloomage this spring.

Did shoot this pic a few nights ago.  Nothing special, just a sunset over an open farm field.  

2eoehwz.jpg

very nice. any flowering trees left or has it past?

springs "magic" is way too short. Spring cant compare to winter/fall beauty imo.

Yesterday was fantastic, with 70s, some clouds, and a breeze.  It allowed me to dig out some big, old, shrubs/trees and replace them with new ones.  It was a lot of work, but couldn't have asked for better weather.  Unfortunately, a surprise rain event this morning is ruining what was going to be a big veggie and flower planting day.  A weak vort is moving across the area and a cluster of heavier rain has blossomed right over me.  I wanted to get as much stuff in the ground as possible before the wet week began.

Yesterday was fantastic, with 70s, some clouds, and a breeze.  It allowed me to dig out some big, old, shrubs/trees and replace them with new ones.  It was a lot of work, but couldn't have asked for better weather.  Unfortunately, a surprise rain event this morning is ruining what was going to be a big veggie and flower planting day.  A weak vort is moving across the area and a cluster of heavier rain has blossomed right over me.  I wanted to get as much stuff in the ground as possible before the wet week began.

Kind of looks like a little MCV moving through there.  

Dews have jumped up to above 50 here.  Feels pretty juicy compared to the 30s we've had for several days.

Picked up 0.04" of rain earlier this morning.

Awesome sunset picture Cyclone! Colorful

High was lowered down below 80° for today. Clouds are increasing out of the southwest now.

Have had a runny nose today - definitely allergy season.

Looks like a pretty nice line of storms should pop up tomorrow from the UP down into northern Iowa.  Bo, DLL, and MSP peeps might get some decent action.  Could be a few places pushing 90 out in northwest Iowa in some of those favored hot spots.  

we're looking at ignition in ~ 2-4 hours from now with the cold front from ELO to HZX, CFE, HCD, JYG, and LYV; main 40kt shear axis about 30-50 miles west of that, upper short-wave between ABR to PIR, LI's near -5, sfc based capes in southern/eastern MN between 1000 and 1500 j/kg, and clear blue skies to my west here in the north end of STP.

the way I am seeing it attm, on a line from ~ASX to STP to AEL, SUX, and GRI, that will be the approximate ignition point, and everything that will go severe should most likely do so to the east of that into IA/WI and maybe n IL.

Picked up 0.17" of rain last hour.  A heavy cell just scraped by to my southeast by about a mile and dropped 0.40-0.60" at the schools along that line.  I did get several rumbles of thunder.

NAM 12km and NAM 4km show some potential for heavy rainfall in eastern Iowa in the next 2-3 days.

Archived