joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Observation Thread

metalicwx366

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got absolutely destroyed today...it was so awesome. Seriously best severe weather i've had in a long while. First storm sort of came out of nowhere as a light shower suddenly turned into a huge wind storm. Gusts of easily 60mph. I was seriously concerned with the trees breaking or getting blown over in the yard. Very fast mover though. So fast in fact, It was still raining pretty hard with the storm itself long gone and perfectly clear sky overhead.

Second storm saw a roaring rain storm across the road for about 10 minutes before a drop fell here. But right when it was starting suddenly some of the most wicked lightning i've ever seen started. What's odd about it is it kept hitting in the same general area and it went from 0 to 100 for about 4 or 5 minutes then just stopped. It was fooking unreal and strange to be honest.  Every strike was probably within a mile or two of the house. You could hear the sizzle with each one. Then the sky opened up and it came an absolute flood. After it stopped raining and it looked like it was over..it started hailing..marble size or maybe even a little bigger. Had a break then had yet another storm..with very strong winds and another flood.

All in all about 2.25 inches. This is combined with the inch plus the other day and the couple of inches before that and i've had around 5.5 plus inches in the last week.

I got absolutely destroyed today...it was so awesome. Seriously best severe weather i've had in a long while. First storm sort of came out of nowhere as a light shower suddenly turned into a huge wind storm. Gusts of easily 60mph. I was seriously concerned with the trees breaking or getting blown over in the yard. Very fast mover though. So fast in fact, It was still raining pretty hard with the storm itself long gone and perfectly clear sky overhead.

Second storm saw a roaring rain storm across the road for about 10 minutes before a drop fell here. But right when it was starting suddenly some of the most wicked lightning i've ever seen started. What's odd about it is it kept hitting in the same general area and it went from 0 to 100 for about 4 or 5 minutes then just stopped. It was fooking unreal and strange to be honest. Every strike was probably within a mile or two of the house. You could hear the sizzle with each one. Then the sky opened up and it came an absolute flood. After it stopped raining and it looked like it was over..it started hailing..marble size or maybe even a little bigger. Had a break then had yet another storm..with very strong winds and another flood.

All in all about 2.25 inches. This is combined with the inch plus the other day and the couple of inches before that and i've had around 5.5 plus inches in the last week.

Come on bro don't rub it in. :cry:

3 awesome storms in 1 day. I get 1 of those in a year. I have never seen hail before.

66 and cloudy I think. Don't feel like looking at the sky. T today.

Second storm saw a roaring rain storm across the road for about 10 minutes before a drop fell here. But right when it was starting suddenly some of the most wicked lightning i've ever seen started. What's odd about it is it kept hitting in the same general area and it went from 0 to 100 for about 4 or 5 minutes then just stopped. It was fooking unreal and strange to be honest.  Every strike was probably within a mile or two of the house. You could hear the sizzle with each one. Then the sky opened up and it came an absolute flood. After it stopped raining and it looked like it was over..it started hailing..marble size or maybe even a little bigger. Had a break then had yet another storm..with very strong winds and another flood.

Wow, wish I could say I was able to witness the same level of excitement with the weather yesterday. Every supercell that developed to my west went well north of me. Including the supercell that went TOR Warned around Marietta. 

Hell the 3-4 hour power outage my neighborhood went through that was non-weather related was more exciting. At the end of the day I didn't get any rainfall or thunderstorms. It was mainly just clouds/sun all day.

I dont care what anyone says, the weather does not get anymore perfect than this. 70 degrees and dewpoints near 30 is pure heaven

I agree. It wasn't quite that comfy in SAV but it was ~77 with a dewpoint near 45. This made for some of the best walking weather in quite awhile. The sweat level was way down. I could do quite well with this through October, but alas, these types of days will be very few and far between before we know it. So, enjoy them while we have them.

I agree. It wasn't quite that comfy in SAV but it was ~77 with a dewpoint near 45. This made for some of the best walking weather in quite awhile. The sweat level was way down. I could do quite well with this through October, but alas, these types of days will be very few and far between before we know it. So, enjoy them while we have them.

I just wish dewpoints would stay low all summer. I can't stand dewpoints in the 70s. Even dewpoints in the 60s is pushing it. One day I will live out west and won't have to deal with the horrible summer humidity.

I just wish dewpoints would stay low all summer. I can't stand dewpoints in the 70s. Even dewpoints in the 60s is pushing it. One day I will live out west and won't have to deal with the horrible summer humidity.

Consider Colorado (you'd almost never sweat there) or maybe a place like San Diego? Don't consider Phoenix unless you're crazy!!

64 and bonus heavy rain shower! No mention of rain in the forecast! Local 6 o'clock news said no rain outside the mtns because it would dry up coming out of the mtns and showed the humidity in the 20% range all across the upstate! It's pouring now! Awesome! Good to bust on the wet side for a change!

Picked up .27 last night!

Archived