joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Observation Thread

metalicwx366

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're up to .72" now from the predicted tenth to a quarter inch for the afternoon.

Looking at the radar returns and orientation, I think the 1/2-3/4" will be underdone for the overnight period as well when that next band arrives.  Yard is gonna be  squishy-soggy in the morning.

Ended up with 2.34" yesterday.  Today it looks like a train of severe storms is setting up to miss me by a few miles as usual.  We've had more than enough rain though.  Just want to get in on some wind/hail action.  We'll see if the storms further west can maintain more of a southern trajectory and hit me, but it is like pulling teeth here since the end of last summer to get any kind of decent severe weather event. The sky has been black and has been thundering for over an hour now.  I hate N of 85. :angry:

I don't know who to upload pics from my cell phone for some reason but the hail was about pea size hail and it was a true down pour of rain. Looks like more is about to roll through. Sparklecity, looks like it may come down to you. 

I don't know.  It looks like its just going to keep following N of 85 all day.  It's been thundering for hours and hasn't rained a drop.  Only thing we have had is a cool outflow from the storms to the north.

Edit:  And just like that a storm in the western upstate that appeared to be heading directly for me takes a 10 mile shift south.  Setting up for the classic sparklecity split.

2nd Edit:  And just like that the storm going north of me sinks south just as it passes.  Classic severe storm pattern for me.

Archived