Newest Member
    joxey
2015 Spring/Summer Banter & complaint thread

dmc76

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't hold your breath.

Yeah it's been pretty awful over here too. Its been 60-70 with low clouds day after day - then, literally just south of the state line, it's in the 80's with storms.

I HATE meandering stationary fronts when they are literally riding the border.... Which they do all the time due to the lakes (cold - with the exception of Erie).

Since this is the complaint thread, I've got one, but it's not about the weather. I can put up with the ads on the pages here in the forum, but I recently started getting video ads popping up in the middle of posts. They drive me crazy. They also don't realize that I will purposely NOT buy anything off of businesses that annoy me by trying to push their ads into my face. /rant

Since this is the complaint thread, I've got one, but it's not about the weather. I can put up with the ads on the pages here in the forum, but I recently started getting video ads popping up in the middle of posts. They drive me crazy. They also don't realize that I will purposely NOT buy anything off of businesses that annoy me by trying to push their ads into my face. /rant

Noticed this too and am in full agreement with you.

You definitely got some thunder with this, didn't you?

Yup. Shortly after post sky lit up nicely with some nice boomers. At least the storms provided a summer touch. Morning has broke nicely...maybe a true June summer day on tap.

Clouds rolled in about 3:30. No shock.

Yet another cloudy morning. Starts off sunny around 6-7am, then clouds up. Been this way just about every day for the last couple of weeks. Debris clouds from convection pretty much anywhere west of here, manage to make it here and cloud us up.

Yup cloudy again. DTW skycover thru 6/20 is 8.0 for June. I cant find a cloudier summer month. Granted, I cant look it up easily like precip, snow, or temps, but Id imagine this has to be one of the cloudiest summer months on record.

Unless it clears this afternoon (which is certainly possible), this could be the 11th consecutive cloudy/mostly cloudy day and 13 of the last 14. 2015 is well on the way to being the 3rd consecutive cloudier than normal summer.

Yup cloudy again. DTW skycover thru 6/20 is 8.0 for June. I cant find a cloudier summer month. Granted, I cant look it up easily like precip, snow, or temps, but Id imagine this has to be one of the cloudiest summer months on record.

Unless it clears this afternoon (which is certainly possible), this could be the 11th consecutive cloudy/mostly cloudy day and 13 of the last 14. 2015 is well on the way to being the 3rd consecutive cloudier than normal summer.

The stratus does at least appear to be mixing out into a SCT-BKN cumulus field (as SOME drier air moves in). Better than nothing in this crappy month.

Some of us have wanted a good stout EML for this season.  Now we have one with warm 700 mb temps and so far we can't break the cap with this episode today.  I also think it seems we've had problems getting relatively deep closed lows of 995 mb or lower this spring season.  I could be wrong on this but it is my impression.

Archived