• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
the I hate spring thread

Ji

I don't hate it. In fact, I love going down to Williamsburg in the spring once it warms up. They really do a great job with the flowers, landscaping, etc. I just find certain pollen uncomfortable, namely, oak trees. Once June hits, the pollen issue is over for me, though I know that's not the case for some.

Don't ever move out this way then.

I'm thinking the high country of Colorado or a nice town in the Alps, or Banff, or Vancouver or perhaps southern Chile would be sweet.

We struggle so much here for some tidbits of actual winter and the three H's "hazy, hot and humid" come so easily to us here.

Yes, son is out near Breckenridge, I've been there in July, Sept and Dec so far and going back in May.  It is REALLY growing on me as a place to move to.

I love every season..that's one of the reasons I'm still living here.

I'll never understand why people hate summer, either. Yeah it's muggy, but we're also treated to thunderstorm activity, barbecues, nights filled with the sound of crickets and cicadas, and the smell of gun powder on the eve of the 4th. I love it.

oh god...agree

I'm thinking the high country of Colorado or a nice town in the Alps, or Banff, or Vancouver or perhaps southern Chile would be sweet.

We struggle so much here for some tidbits of actual winter and the three H's "hazy, hot and humid" come so easily to us here.

Summer in CO is absolutely the best.  I lived in CO front range (Boulder/Denver) for 6 years and realized when I left that I hadn't had a mosquito bite in 6 years.  No one had allergy issues.  Would bike around Denver in 90+ degree heat and never feel a drop of sweat on me.  Then some afternoons, watching discrete towers blow up was epic.  From roughly October to March it rarely rained, everything that fell was snow. Then three days later it was 60 degrees.  Best all around weather of anywhere I've lived by a mile.

Summer in CO is absolutely the best.  I lived in CO front range (Boulder/Denver) for 6 years and realized when I left that I hadn't had a mosquito bite in 6 years.  No one had allergy issues.  Would bike around Denver in 90+ degree heat and never feel a drop of sweat on me.  Then some afternoons, watching discrete towers blow up was epic.  From roughly October to March it rarely rained, everything that fell was snow. Then three days later it was 60 degrees.  Best all around weather of anywhere I've lived by a mile.

My cousin's daughter and husband moved to Denver. They love it. I visited them last fall and absolutely fell in love with Denver. Going back this summer to see a concert at Red Rocks.

My list:

1) Winter

2) Fall

3) Spring

4) Summer

Get outta my head!  Winter because, well, it's winter.  Fall is next because it's heading towards winter.  Spring because, if we are lucky, it can imitate winter sometimes, especially early and summer is a distant last.  Any temp above 60F is just drudgery to me.  I spent 5 years in Fresno going to school and that cured me of ever wanting to experience heat again in my life.

My wife and I have 3 potential places picked out for retirement in umpteen years when I retire:  1) Allegheny Range from WV thru Western MD up to Western PA, 2) VT / NH or 3) Quebec.  We will be the right definition of "snow birds".

post-109-0-78677400-1426266986_thumb.png

Get outta my head!  Winter because, well, it's winter.  Fall is next because it's heading towards winter.  Spring because, if we are lucky, it can imitate winter sometimes, especially early and summer is a distant last.  Any temp above 60F is just drudgery to me.  I spent 5 years in Fresno going to school and that cured me of ever wanting to experience heat again in my life.

My wife and I have 3 potential places picked out for retirement in umpteen years when I retire:  1) Allegheny Range from WV thru Western MD up to Western PA, 2) VT / NH or 3) Quebec.  We will be the right definition of "snow birds".

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-03-13 at 1.15.45 PM.png

Excellent choices! Northern VT/NH spectacular IMO. When wife was alive we considered it our second home and actually looked for a while to buy a place to call our own  but never found exactly what we wanted. Son is in Breckenridge now and I've been there several times, beautiful there as well. I'll be doing a real "snow bird" as well in retirement.

Archived