joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Anafrontal Thumpul Discussion 3/5

TheSnowman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come when you agree with me you always use "actually"? Like its a travesty or terrible thing that you and I are in alliance lol.

Because you are often in your own world of forecasting...like denying the trend prior to 12z (when if you looked over the guidance, it was south).

But we'll see what 00z has. I'm sure the Euro will come south. GGEM just came south a bit, though not quite as bad as the American guidance.

Scooter, get that vintage 1997 Bruins jacket to the cleaners sometime in the next 3 weeks :lol:

Ray, just to show what I thought, looks like I was ahead on thaw ideas, to me now its the 21st on 

Week ending 03/07/15

-1,-2

Cold start then milder finish 3 day thaw

Week ending  03/14/15

-4,-7

much much below normal  possible KU number 2 in this time frame or possibly  the week of the 21st but two weeks of MidMarch snows appear likely

This thing does appear to be slipping away for those N of the pike...but GGEM still looks pretty good for CT. Maybe another 3-6" deal statewide? Only a small shift back north needed to get us into warning criteria.

As of now that's too high. Will need to see what 18 and 00z do. I have a suspicion they weaken the confluence and bump back north.. But we'll see.

With the data somewhat better sampled for these 12z runs, and everything heading south, that is a big signal that this is indeed heading in the wrong direction for decent snows, and there really isn't any reason to believe this is going to correct back north.

Ofcourse as Will stated, if the southern impulse suddenly is modeled stronger in the next run or two, that could change the tides, but that does seem like a long shot right now.  I'll enjoy tonights snow while it lasts, and prepare for the inevitable melt down of this very impressive, and incredibly long lasting 2.5 foot pack, which at this time of the winter season, makes it even that much more impressive.

who was the dude who posted the you tube video melting down after the Blizzard fringed him? wonder if he is still alive/?

This ain't settled yet, 

Seems like the consensus is inexorably moving toward the whiffier end of things, and that's about as settled as it gets at this point, surely.

As of now that's too high. Will need to see what 18 and 00z do. I have a suspicion they weaken the confluence and bump back north.. But we'll see.

Yeah...I feel like the models have struggled this year resolving the 2nd event when we've had 2 events in close proximity. Once the first event is out of the way the models have generally corrected one way or the other. Here's to hoping the correct in the direction which benefits us.

another tic north and its warning level, just think back to this winter, 50 mile jumps 48 hrs out are common.

Models have typically trended southeast inside 96 hours in this patten over the past month, so this outcome isn't really surprising.  

Poor NAM.

Archived