joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/1-2/15 Obs/Nowcasting

SR Airglow

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moderate to Heavy Snow in this final band, Almost 5", Right at 29" Depth.  

Can a brotha make 30"?  

You did pretty well in this event, you seemed to be on northern edge of good stuff (5" amounts)

If it wasn't for the last 30 mins here I wouldn't have  cracked 2.5"

Still light snow falling.  I'm guessing we'll end up right at 3" when all is said and done .

Ya you had that band a bit longer than me.

I just was out side and measured 2.5" still nice flakes falling but i'm not getting higher than 2.75.

What a difference in flake size last hour.

Just walked in the door, 3 hours to get home from foxwoods. Typical winter event where CT gets way more than GC.

Also crazy to ser the ct highways a train wreck, but ma roads are just wet. Sure, mass had less snow,but it's really crazy how the two states have a completely different approach to snow removal.

Storm went Exactly as planned and predicted.  5" and now a 29" Snow Depth.  29 Days with a 20" Depth which is now 7 days away from the 2nd Longest Ever stretch of 20" Snow on the ground.  97" on the Season which is now 4th All-Time, Ahead of the Great Winter of 1915-1916.  88.75" since January 24th which would be 5th Place ALL-TIME for a whole season and it has happened in 37 Days.  Had 15 Measurable Events in those 37 Days which MUST be an All-Time Record, with 11 in the month of February.  Just had the 3rd Snowiest Month which was also, yes Also, the COLDEST Ever Recorded Month in the Northern RI to Worcester region.  The 30 Day Record was Broken over 1978, and the Holy 2 Month Record which 1978 held onto like the holy grail itself, was just, So narrowly beaten.  I now have to check for 40 day records as i will likely get to around 91" in that span.  

I just had a few gulps of my friends Icelandic liqueur from his trip to Iceland.  So fitting.  And had it, after shoveling my Snowbanks to New ALL-TIME Highs in terms of overall impressiveness and height, while standing on my deck, looking over the snow-covered trees of the woods here in my little place in Heaven, CN Mountain.  And I don't drink!  Ya know, I have rarely been this happy in life.  My wish to God for Eternal Winter, never ending snow upon snow, and a look of a neverlandesque Winter Wonderland that would never end, was pretty much answered.  You can't get better than what we have gotten these last 37 days in this part of the world at this elevation.  

Deep, Eternal, Winter.  

Musically and Snowily - 

The Snowman  

Archived