joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ice/Wintery Mix Event 3/1

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is legit event second most ice I have seen all schools will cancel tomorrow condition are not safe for kids to walk in kinda of an easy call. With ice on trees like this anything could happen to someone walking under one. It will take most of the day for the ice to melt of the them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28.8F after a high of 29.1F back at 6pm.  Another day with a high that does not get out of the 20's.  Icicles on the power lines are easily 8" long as are most hanging from the eves of the house.  It looks like a winter wonderland out there.  Looks like accretion is between 0.25" and 0.3".  No too many branches down here as this is the third icing event here this winter.

If only I could have one more shower of freezing drizzle. I really miss that ZR so bad. This ice event was funner than getting 24 inches of snow. The human drama is way more entertaining than the event itself. I was grinnin' as I watched ppl tryin to walk to their cars without suffering a disastrous pratfall. It was downright comedic. I walked with utter confidence since I own Winter while everyone else flailed around. Some fell. I had to pinch myself real HARD just to keep myself from guffawing out loud. It was uproariously hilarious! I am truly God's very gift to winter destruction as I watch lesser mortals try to survive. It's entertaining to watch it play out.

However I'll get mine. It will be hilarious for everyone else to watch me cry in public on Wednesday as 70 degree high temps destroy all my snow, even the piles at the shopping centers. I'll get so depressed i'll actually inspect the 14th street bridge looking for a good place to jump. It might be 970 years before we ever get another ice storm this bad in DC. There's a reason bad ice storms are rare in this region. I'll be totally disconsolate for months. I worship ice with all my heart.

If only I could have one more shower of freezing drizzle. I really miss that ZR so bad. This ice event was funner than getting 24 inches of snow. The human drama is way more entertaining than the event itself. I was grinnin' as I watched ppl tryin to walk to their cars without suffering a disastrous pratfall. It was downright comedic. I walked with utter confidence since I own Winter while everyone else flailed around. Some fell. I had to pinch myself real HARD just to keep myself from guffawing out loud. It was uproariously hilarious! I am truly God's very gift to winter destruction as I watch lesser mortals try to survive. It's entertaining to watch it play out.

:lmao:

Archived