CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
3/1-2/2015 SWFE/Wave Discussion

SR Airglow

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just glanced at the radar, please correct me if I'm wrong, but the beefy echoes look to be heading due west to east. Which on a trajectory like that, look to miss SNE completely. Am I seeing that right?

Looks more ENE to me. Echoes will increase to the north of that as the LLJ moves towards SNE and the weak secondary forms.

MPM syndrome of looking at big region radar instead of regional FTL

They both display the same radar echoes.

He's right in that the heavier echoes in the mid-Atlantic will miss...but that's because they weren't going to hit anyway. Precip should blossom as the lift increases in response to the llj bringing moisture into the steep frontal slope.

I expect widespread 4-6" totals near and south of the Pike. A narrow band from HVN-GINX-PVD-PYM right around that 6" mark with a few 7" lollies. Model and radar trends don't look too friendly on the northwest fringe, particularly from the mid-Hudson Valley and points NW, but that shouldn't have much of an impact in SNE, outside of perhaps western Mass.

post-533-0-52588500-1425222576_thumb.png

I expect widespread 4-6" totals near and south of the Pike. A narrow band from HVN-GINX-PVD-PYM right around that 6" mark with a few 7" lollies. Model and radar trends don't look too friendly on the northwest fringe, particularly from the mid-Hudson Valley and points NW, but that shouldn't have much of an impact in SNE, outside of perhaps western Mass.

final.png

KGINX approves of this message

Archived