joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/25 Hump Day Fluffer

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No coating here... mother of god the winter ri and southern mass are having... you guys have just had it all... might as well be a million miles away back this way..

This winter may not be favoring your area, but over time the majority of them do! I'm sure it won't be long before us "southerners" are whining over a snow hole or a boundary layer and you'll be snowing like a champ.

No coating here... mother of god the winter ri and southern mass are having... you guys have just had it all... might as well be a million miles away back this way..

Everyone in SNE has had a good time this winter, but parts of RI haven't done so brilliantly, especially right on the coast, perhaps as you'd expect.  I feel like I've done well because while Eastern Mass has been getting bombed, I've been getting hit with shrapnel.  A couple storms have had P-type slop/rain issues, and in other ones we've had bands everyone around but here.

Providence has done really well this winter, they've had nearly double the snow we have in most events.  Let us have this little one :)

3.5 inches.  Snowball snow, much heavier than I suspected.

There's a buoy that I think is somewhere in the Bay along the Navy Base that says it's 31.  That's the temperature reading I consider to be the official temp for Newport.  The Newport ASOS...which always seems to be too cold... is located in the upper part of Middletown on Forest Avenue between East and West Main Road and it was 30

There's a buoy that I think is somewhere in the Bay along the Navy Base that says it's 31.  That's the temperature reading I consider to be the official temp for Newport.  The Newport ASOS...which always seems to be too cold... is located in the upper part of Middletown on Forest Avenue between East and West Main Road and it was 30

Interesting... this one?  http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=nwpr1

One last little thump before this thing leaves.  Band filling in again for us, and snow getting heavier again.

This would have been even more of a headache for forecasters if it didn't so perfectly avoid the commutes.

Going to bed now, please make whatever ritual sacrifices necessary to pull some of these other offshore storms in.  This was fun.

Archived