joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - Early March 2015

MAG5035

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made it to work on Progress Ave in Harrisburg after a very harrowing ride. NOT recommended. Brushed about 3 inches of snow off my car back home in Lemoyne and then scraped a layer of sleet/ice under that. Then I needed a shove from my wife to get my car out of its parking space. Snowing moderately in Susquehanna Twp.

Not sure what NWS was thinking there.

they mentioned about the warm air hanging on as to why the downgrade but the models never really showed a sharp drop in upper level temps until 4-7am.  Now with the wind we are seeing some of that colder air mixing down to the surface and are actually watching temperatures drop, during daylight hours, in March...

awesome. Are you at home or work? If home what do you have?

made drive into work just as rates started to pick up so not home to measure

Great stuff guys keep the pics coming. How many offices closed in Hburg? If this keeps up evening commute would be an absolute distaster.

state offices are still open, though at this point would be silly to close early

Closing in on 5" up here at Millersville. Pretty close and rates are SN to SN+. I'm happy this storm is really verifying for everyone. Mappy and 83Blizzard are getting repeatedly crushed down there.

Sauss, I have a feeling you'll be settling those bets early today haha. Enjoy ;)

Wow, great to hear... glad you guys are cashing in!

Closing in on 5" up here at Millersville. Pretty close and rates are SN to SN+. I'm happy this storm is really verifying for everyone. Mappy and 83Blizzard are getting repeatedly crushed down there.

Sauss, I have a feeling you'll be settling those bets early today haha. Enjoy ;)

4.5" here

Lmao at WHTM.

0db10c37da841a1fff9839b0f870c6e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Not to go off topic and start a bashing war, but it is irresponsible to significantly undermine the NWS forecasts particularly when they have winter storm warnings issued. It is an interesting topic (certainly one that was highlighted greatly as this year's AMS conference), but I guess one for another day. Rant over. Enjoy the snow LSV. You deserve it this winter!

This almost reminds me of the March 16th 2007 snow, the day before St. Paddys day

A very memorable one for me (in a sad way) because a close friend of mine was dying and I had to drive to Hershey Med in the thick of it to visit her. It was one of the few times that I actively rooted against snow. 

The 3/16/07 snow was a bit slushier than this if I remember correctly. 

Reminder for folks to use the WGAL radar today for radar across the LSV. Its accuracy is spectacular and one of the best resources for following winter weather that anyone could ever want in the Harrisburg area

It's a great radar especially for the Lancaster area, which is in a bit of a radar hole between LWX and CTP

Archived