• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - Early March 2015

MAG5035

Brett Thackara on WHTM doing his best to highlight the spots where their forecast did verify. Said that the storm overperformed "in spots." Of course, those spots just happen to be the most populated parts of the viewing area.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never any time to stop there when I'm working, but it's a really nice ride coming up this way. Just looked at the 511 cameras and it looks like it's snowing to beat the band down in the York area. So glad today's plans changed!

I may be headed by Fry's turk ranch tomorrow night as the cabin is 2 exits above.  414 liberty exit to morris, then 12 miles to wellsboro, then 15 miles to gaines...then....

HEAVEN..

Enjoy whatever you got all.  Its nice to be sitting in the middle for once...

EDIT:  bar none...snowing the hardest that I've seen it so far.  just dumping!!  that band is sitting right over my head!!

Nut

I am revising my wind-down time. Skies have dramatically brightened in the last 5 minutes. Latest radar frame shows the heavy stuff is probably going to end here in the next 15 to 30 minutes. :cry:

I doubt you are finished quite yet

26ec005605be32b21d5362080b886404.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be headed by Fry's turk ranch tomorrow night as the cabin is 2 exits above.  414 liberty exit to morris, then 12 miles to wellsboro, then 15 miles to gaines...then....

HEAVEN..

Enjoy whatever you got all.  Its nice to be sitting in the middle for once...

EDIT:  bar none...snowing the hardest that I've seen it so far.  just dumping!!  that band is sitting right over my head!!

Nut

Hey man my cabin is like really close to your's in Liberty area!! Lol, I might be up this weekend.

Festus

The beginning of the week I was thinking the Nam was the furtherest North, with the GFS the furtherest south. I do agree that the Euro was the most steadfast model and performed the best for this storm.

I -83

Go ahead and crack one open.

Yesterday morning after dealing with all that ice. I cracked one open at 11:30 am.

I agree...with the early quits the roads and traffic is going to be terrible.

E Joe

Thought you done a good job with this storm - Thanks!

To all the Mets...Good job keeping us informed!! Your appreciated!

Everyone enjoy your snow!! Great way to close the season out!!

Hey man my cabin is like really close to your's in Liberty area!! Lol, I might be up this weekend.

hope you get up.  should be a nice weekend STATEWIDE :).

I'd guess most of the state will be covered in as good a snow cover as we've seen all season.  wont last so dont wait for more..

Nut

Radar is interesting. Looks like moisture and returns are moving in from the south out near Hagerstown, while the bands NW of Harrisburg are pushing ESE. Any ideas of why this change from before? Is the 2nd wave more amped then expected?

e825fe0aa18eccaa45219370e26f74e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am glad this got further north and we all are enjoying something.  This storm is really performing down here and it's impressive.  In a winter with mainly 1-2 inch events this one is a gift considering we are in March.  The 2/21 storm was also fantastic here, but this one will far surpass that and is likely it for us unless we can luck out later in the month with some anomaly coastal fluke slush bomb.     

Archived