joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - Early March 2015

MAG5035

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bands keep regenerating NW of MDT and drifting SE.

Unfortunately I think they're missing Carlise,which sucks for our friend down here trying to hit 4".

Carlisle did you make it to 4 yet?

Lol --- no I haven't made it to 4.0" yet.  It stopped completely about 30 minutes ago then slowly started again and as I write this is beginning to ramp back up to a level that can accumulate.  I just measured between 3.8" and 3.9".  Haha.  I just looked at the radar and was surprised by the green echoes consolidating to my west.  I think I will make it if this keeps up for another 20-30 minutes.  Sooooo close.

Okay, it is almost back up to moderate again so we'll see.  Temp up slightly to 24.2.

Steady moderate snow, borderline heavy. Closing in on 7" fast. 8" easily in reach. This is pretty remarkable for March. 20/19 in Millersville

Had the awesome opportunity to experience the Blizzard of 1993 in March in Lancaster when I was growing up. 18 inches of snow and Thundersnow. Pretty cool

I am glad this got further north and we all are enjoying something. This storm is really performing down here and it's impressive. In a winter with mainly 1-2 inch events this one is a gift considering we are in March. The 2/21 storm was also fantastic here, but this one will far surpass that and is likely it for us unless we can luck out later in the month with some anomaly coastal fluke slush bomb.

Not much of an event for us in the NW part of this sub-forum.

This new band means business. It is ripping snow again here in Marysville

after a brief lull in the action. I hope we can pick up another 1-2 inches before

we taper off later.

dew points are falling rapidly now so the dry air unfortunately isn't going to let this good stuff last much longer.  I would anticipate the Carlisle/Harrisburg area will see rates let up over the next half hour to hour.

Archived