• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - Early March 2015

MAG5035

Your facebook is taking a pounding this morning. Tough way to make a living.

Oh well - we do what we can to tell the public that it's going to be a longer duration event into this afternoon, and that snow will accumulate until that point. We show this with numerous time tables. But they hear what they want to hear, or just assume. That will never change. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh well - we do what we can to tell the public that it's going to be a longer duration event into this afternoon, and that snow will accumulate until that point. We show this with numerous time tables. But they hear what they want to hear, or just assume. That will never change. 

i'm sure you just gotta take it in stride. to many years in the fire dept made me immune to what people think.....i wouldnt want your job!! lmao

Just got done plowing our lot first time, completly covered all ready...........Millville, my daughter was looking for a snow day i guess she got it. she probably walked out back and talked to the President, lol.......Seems like temps are dropping too??

Yup. I was very happy to see our spring break starting early. Temps will either hold or fall slowly through the day. I honestly don't care what happens anymore. School closed is what I was hoping for. It would be nice to get in on some rates though. Our MA brethren are going to get smashed later on today.

She's in a great spot right now...radar is filling in areas that were pretty dry. Frontogenetical forcing is helping with that. Plenty of moisture. Should be a fun ride.

Yessir. All going to plan for everyone. I'm impressed at the band forming from Westminster to extreme southern tier of PA. On the other hand, this seems to happen more often than not lol

Edit: That band could not be more text book. I might do more research on it and write my masters thesis about it :D

Yup. I was very happy to see our spring break starting early. Temps will either hold or fall slowly through the day. I honestly don't care what happens anymore. School closed is what I was hoping for. It would be nice to get in on some rates though. Our MA brethren are going to get smashed later on today.

I still holding out hope i meet my 4-5" prediction for here (a bet)  I'm pretty confident i'll win my bet our schools will close

I still holding out hope i meet my 4-5" prediction for here (a bet) I'm pretty confident i'll win my bet our schools will close

The snow prediction will be close, but I think it can be done. The school closing should be a given. Good luck and I hope your wallet gets a little better today!

I saw on radar, still in bed yay snow days

The little one will have a good amount of snow to play in today. Radar already showing its hand on best banding setup for the day. Someone will hit double digits today in MD if I had a guess. No widespread double digits, but a few lolli's. I think that area along Pars ridge up to you has great potential

The little one will have a good amount of snow to play in today. Radar already showing its hand on best banding setup for the day. Someone will hit double digits today in MD if I had a guess. No widespread double digits, but a few lolli's. I think that area along Pars ridge up to you has great potential

I'm literally right on the eastern edge of that band. Need it to drift just a tad more and on golden haha

Radar returns look great over Lancaster/York, but what is falling is sort of meh. Rimed flakes making it look more like sleet/rain than snow. Probably some microscale warmer H7 layer causing some of this. Tough to say since Coatesville went over to +SN

Flake size in the past 10 minutes got much better here.

Radar returns look great over Lancaster/York, but what is falling is sort of meh. Rimed flakes making it look more like sleet/rain than snow. Probably some microscale warmer H7 layer causing some of this. Tough to say since Coatesville went over to +SN

Snow picking up in intensity. And increasing in size the last 5 min. SE Lanc Co

Looks like that warm layer cooled off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived